Socket Jenie for Jayco roof

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by SteveP, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

May 21, 2015
    Is anyone using a Socket Jenie to raise a Jayco roof. CCI customer service recommended Model LVSG-628 but it seems a tad small based on measurements taken with my admittedly cheap caliper so I'd appreciate if someone could give a thumbs up, or down, for this.

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I have been researching this issue a well. From what I can tell either the 625 or 628 will work. Both fit a 7/8" square crank. If you look at the Hanna RV parts website they show the dimensions of the various replacement crank handles. Apparently Goshen also used a square drive like the L&W we have. They just have a longer crank it appears.

I have found posts from people who have apparently used both. The 625 is the cheaper if the two but I wonder if the longer length of the 628 might not be a better fit as it spreads the load. However I am planning on modding my tongue jack to use a drill as well in which case the 625 would make more sense.

3. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

May 21, 2015
    I measured my own crank and it is exactly 7/8" square. CCI says the 628 will "fit in a 7/8 inch pocket." My pocket is recessed into the wall and best I could measure it it appears to be 1" square, interior. Also based on my measurements, for the 628 to reach the stop in the winch pocket the drill chuck will have to be inserted into the port in the wall, which may or may not be an issue.

I haven't ordered yet because I won't be able to go camping until my shoulder heals but I will probably go with the 628, since the only other option is to fab something up myself and that would probably cost as much if not more. The only other uses for the drill will be to raise and lower the BAL leveler and the stabilizers and they will both required different sockets.