South Texas Summer Rally, Who's in?

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Ryanincc, Mar 1, 2015.

You get 3 Votes that you can change. Which South Texas CG's do you like for the next rally?

1. Goose Island State Park in Rockport, 45 mins N. of Corpus

33.3%
  2. I.B. Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas, http://goo.gl/YXdhOr

25.0%
  3. Guadalupe River State Park in Spring Branch, North of SA.

58.3%
  4. Lake Casa Blanca State Park in Laredo

8.3%
  5. Coleto Creek Park and Reservoir near Victoria, http://goo.gl/S7pKza

25.0%
  6. Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake, http://www.jellystonehillcountry.com/

41.7%
  7. Brazos Bend State Park

33.3%
  8. Other State or Govt Park

16.7%
  9. Other Private Park

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CyVaquero

CyVaquero New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    We tent camped at I.B. Magee last year for Memorial Day weekend. It's a great campground in a great location and dirt cheap for Port A. However, the ocean wind was pretty brutal, our girls dome tent on the leeward side of our rigid pole tent was layed flat by it and they ended up sleeping in my co-worker's TT. So expect some rockin'.

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    ]Ryanincc, get ready! We will be at your park, labor day weekend.....minus the PUP..were going L.A.P. ( light as possible) yeah right.....tent, shade, bag chairs, poles, tackle, cooler, OH Yeah!!! my burnt Orange ( OMG) BBQ grill, go Aggies...Txbum... [CP]

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Oh yeah I have no doubt. That area is probably the best location in the US for camping dumpster divers [LOL] [LOL] The 1 day old stuff thrown away is amazing. Ive lived nearby for most of my life so I barely notice the wind. I should probably be more aware now that I have a pup... awning is NOT going up [LOL]
    Awesome to hear!! I will be sure to be close by to aid in any way we can... given it will be a couple of aggies in a tent, Ill prepare for the worst [LOL] [LOL]

\m/

4. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Two aggies in a tent?? Hardly as bad as MJ being a friggin G-bay ( i just cant say it) fan. That s why I pack two tents [LOL].....Yeah Ryan the dumpster are always full of neat stuff...I found a complete canopy pop up. One location a canopy top, a few hundred yards down a brand new canopy frame!....still looking for grill!

5. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    I did notice a large amount of stuff in the dumpsters at Mustang Island SP. We actually did put our canopy up, but put extra tension on the poles to cut down on it moving around by using tie down straps pulling from the end of the canopy back to the bottom of the camper. Eventually we took it down as that side sail was causing a lot of movement in the roof. The wind was the one redeeming feature of that hot humid trip with no shade.

On a side note, really looking forward to attending a rally now. Found out yesterday that a new policy my company invoked a week or so ago means I now get 4 more weeks of paternity leave.

6. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Score!!!

7. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Just an FYI (especially for those who were there back in Jan), Lake Texana Campground in Edna is having their big Halloween event on Oct 24. It's a nice event for all the family. I reserved my favorite site last week and there were plenty open, but if you are interested, I'd get on it. I'm in site 118 on Texana side. I'm up at Wolf Creek at Lake Livingston for Labor Day. That's all I have planned due to the start of school and new grade and classroom this year.

I did make it up to Lake Livingston for an afternoon of boat riding and a little fishing. Got a few nice white bass.

8. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks for posting, have plans for the coast Labor day, but will look at work schedule for Texana weekend.will advise asap. Txbum

9. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    woo whooo , I am off that weekend, will be making reservations . Come on guys two down three to go for a Rally....

10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Lonestarcamper, 118 in Texana side not Breckenridge side correct?

11. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Nothing on the calendar that weekend. Going to ask the better half. I'll post back when I know.

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    sounds good....we have rally goodies to give away!! Hey who's got the portal banner? Skeeter?

13. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    got site 116....arrive Friday after noon....Txbum [:D]

14. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Big event for me all weekend then. We wish best for you all!

1999 Palomino Pinto
    2001 Nissan Frontier
    via Tapatalk

15. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Merlin14, ahh, we sure want to camp with you again.....if things change let us know. Txbum

16. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    This was a long thread. When is the weekend happening?

Phoodieman

17. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    So that those following this thread see the new one, here's the link.

http://popupportal.com/index.php?topic=97868.0

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    We are OFFICIALLY a RALLY !!! Thanks Steve