Spongy floor in 85 Coleman

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Sharonjh, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Sharonjh

Sharonjh New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Has anyone repaired a spongy floor in their camper. The ply wood is in perfect condition, it's just the foam middle that has compressed. I read some people have had success with drilling holes and using expanding foam.

2. Sharonjh

Sharonjh New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Update for anyone else that has spongy floors. I just finished repairing my flooring. Used the expanding foam and drilled in some 8mm dowels at 100mm apart. It seems to have done the job. Then I installed some vinyl over the top. I'm really happy with the result.

Attached Files:

3. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    The new floor looks great! I have never heard of foam under the floor. Who manufactured your pop up?

4. Sharonjh

Sharonjh New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    It's a Coleman. They have foam sandwiched between two pieces of plywood.

5. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    Interesting. Probably makes for a warmer floor on cold mornings!

6. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Mt Pleasant, MI
    Looks wonderful!

7. PWard

PWard New Member

Jul 8, 2018
    This looks great. We are new to PUP. Purchased a 2007 Rockwood HW276. There is a spongy area at the entrance door. We're hoping to just replace the bad wood with 3/4" marine plywood (probably 2'x2' area) and then putting down new vinyl. We're just trying to figure out if we'll need to remove all the cabinets in order to install new vinyl. Our unit has a small slide-out for the dinette. Any comments?