Spring Camp in Oregon

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by ricksadventures, Mar 12, 2018.

1. ricksadventures

ricksadventures New Member

Mar 8, 2018
    The Dalles, OR
    Hi all,

This weekend was the maiden voyage for us in our first PUP. Given it was our first trip out, in a used but fair conditioned trailer, we kept it pretty conservative expecting a couple of hick-ups.

We enjoyed a beautiful and relaxing stay at the Beavertail Rec. Site along the lower Deschutes River in Oregon. A little over an hour from home, not to far from help if needed, and far enough away to be just the right amount of rustic for us. This time of year there are no bugs to worry about, the snakes are still burrowed away, and the fishing is amazing. We watched some bighorn sheep graze their way up the canyon wall across from us, and finally spent some much needed time, relaxing and reading.

The help from fellow users proved of great assistance for us in preparation of the trip. We made sure to keep a list of things we found we wanted and things we didn't feel we needed. I discovered our furnace may be out of order, but other than that the trailer worked perfectly for us.

Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend!

Rick

Attached Files:

Amybejo, Wanderer7112, Jorja and 5 others like this.
  2. world traveler

world traveler Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Looks great!

3. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Sounds like a great trip! Beautiful scenery. Admittedly, I'm also so jealous of the awesome pics from members out west.

Jorja likes this.
  4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I like that "sofa style" camp chair by the fire pit! It looks very comfy. Where did you get that??

5. ricksadventures

ricksadventures New Member

Mar 8, 2018
    The Dalles, OR
    My wife loves that chair haha we purchased that at Cosco

BikeNFish likes this.