Square Footage in Coleman 1998 Sea Pine

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Luce1995, May 14, 2019.

1. Luce1995

Luce1995 New Member

I’m going to install new sheet flooring in my 1998 Coleman Sea Pine. The PUP is stored nearby, and I’m taking it to my dad’s house for extra help on the floor. I have to purchase sheet flooring before I pick it up—the spec online states that my pop up has 130 square feet of living space. Does this include the space under the cabinets, or is it just the walkable area? I have to order a piece of flooring and I don’t want to come up short—130sf is 15 square yards of flooring. Should I get one more square yard to be safe?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Sheet flooring is what? Linoleum? Tou might be better off going with resistant vinal planks? Are you ripping out the cabanites anyway? Just curious.

3. Sjm9911

Not sure of the dementions of the sea pine, but just measure the box that will give you the answer if you want to do the whole floor.

Orchid likes this.
  4. Luce1995

Luce1995 New Member

Just rolled vinyl flooring with a faux wood pattern. I am removing the cabinets to put the floor down, and then will return them to their original spots.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. Luce1995

Luce1995 New Member

The dimensions of the closed camper are 7’3”X14’9”. That come to just over 106 sf of floor space. Thanks for that tip! It save me several dollars.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. erich82

erich82 Active Member

I'd be careful with this idea. Planks have seams, and if/when water gets into them, there's no real way to get it out. Might rot your floor out. Also with the constant moving of a trailer, they may tend to separate a little, amplifying problem #1. You would also have to consider clearence to the entry door, as planks tend to be thicker than standard roll on type vinyl/linoleum.
    Personally, I'd stick with the roll.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. Sjm9911

Im not too worried about it, the seams stay together so should be water tight( its what it was designed for) , the door opens out so not effecting it. And its made to move. That with the expantion gap arounf the ends ot should be good. Its no diffrent then sheet linoleum, just a more durable material. Linoleum gets nicks easy.

8. erich82

erich82 Active Member

Don't think vinyl planks were designed to be installed on a floor with as much movement as a trailer, but to each their own. Expansion gaps = places to get water in. While the planks themselves are designed as waterproof, water can get through them, the same way water gets through any engineered or hardwood flooring. Unless you're using a magical caulk between each plank, the seams are not waterproof. One piece linoleum flooring is one piece, so much less chances of water seeping in.
    Linoleum/Vinyl rolls have come a long way, and quality is on par with vinyl flooring planks/squares.

But at the end of way, you can do as you wish, I'm just sharing my opinion of why I think rolls are a better idea.

9. Sjm9911

I used to put the roll linoleum in my rentals, the new planks hold up so much better. I get it. But we can disagree. And the seams on the new stuff are waterproof, no magical calk needed . I thought the same when it had the claims on the matafatures website, so i tested it first. It can get in and under along the edges, but it also can evaporate from there also. I appreciate the concern.

10. Luce1995

Luce1995 New Member

I’m definitely doing the roll. Cheaper and faster to install once I get the cabinets out.

Sjm9911 and erich82 like this.
  11. Sjm9911

What ever works for you! Good thing about roll stuff in a pop up is you dont have to be perfect! The cabinites etc will cover any imperfections. Saves hours of making a template!