Starcraft 1996 Space =master tongue jack question.

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by burtonfamily101, Apr 30, 2019.

1. burtonfamily101

burtonfamily101 Member

Hi All,

I own a 1996 Spacemaster, My tongue jack is old OR i have never seen one like it lol. It has the wheel on the bottom but there is a weird clamp thing to maybe to move the entire jack up and down? It has a hand with a red grip but it is on there really tight. I googled it and couldnt find a good picture.

I was looking more at the jack after owning it for a year plus, because I want to put in on my driveway but it bottoms out on the wheel when backing up. Moving it higher would solve this problem.

Would this lever I am taking about raise the entire thing? I will try and add a picture tonight.

Thank you

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Yes, please add photo cause I have no idea what jack you are talking about.

3. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

My 94 Starflyer had the same jack. The weird clamp thing is used to move the whole jack up and down. It saves on cranking time and give you more flexibility in how high or how low the jack will move. The red handle is a screw that loosens the clamp, and it can get really tight and hard to unscrew. Keep it lubricated.