Step for '96 Jayco Eagle 8 popup

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by indy_jonz, Jun 18, 2017.

1. indy_jonz

indy_jonz New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Where can you get a step for a 96 Jayco Eagle 8??? Where a step should be, there are 2 holes that look like something gets inserted into them.

2. tool.guy.973

tool.guy.973 New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North West NJ
    Looking for the same on a 94 Eagle 8. I'm sure it would be the same. I'll let you know if I find any info, for now, we just use an old step stool my kids used while potty training. (We cleaned it with Spray-9 first)

3. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    Funny, I just noticed those same holes under my door, last trip out. I did not get a step when we purchased from Previous Owners, and they did not mention one. But I too, figured that it must have at least been an option, given the presence of mounting holes.

We bought a folding plastic step, that has served up pretty well so far, a few years back. Folds flat and stores well inside the collapsed pup.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    To be honest it might be cheaper to find a stool you can use. I had a 1990 Jayco and the step was a pain to use. For one it was very narrow step the holes you see is how wide it is. Two it always felt like you were stepping on to a slope.

Kind of hard to explain but the step was a separate piece that you had to stow away. It had two pegs that folded down when ready to stow. When setting up you lift the pegs which slid into the holes you see. I just don't know where you can find this step as I don't think they make it anymore. Perhaps a Jayco dealer may have an idea. Sorry don't have pictures either.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I made one years ago using pipe nipples and elbows.

6. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    The description you give is about what I would expect it to be. Based on the 2 holes in the frame that it would insert into. And after hearing the description, I think I will stick with the folding stool that we have, as not having this piece this piece does not sound like a big loss.