Stink Shower and Shave. Camper with no dedicated bathroom...

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by dbhost, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Lol, you think thats an art! Try being 6'6" and showering in the sholet. I sit on the throne and rinse off what i can! Dont juge me. It works.

2. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

Part of the point of this thread is trying to figure out the art of the shower for those not thusly equipped and if you do, how and why are you capturing gray water.

A good example is, if you are using Campsuds bio friendly soaps, why bother with capturing gray water? However if you are using regular shampoo and germicidal soap, yeah I get it...

Most privy tents I have seen, have no way of capturing gray water, they simply dump on the ground. HOWEVER, like I mentioned above for inside the camper use, you can do the same in the privy, use a tote, probably smallest I would consider is a 27 gallon tote, that you can stand it, and allow run off to collect in the tote, then drain that into a carrying container / tank...

What other ways are there to collect gray water when using a privy tent?

3. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

I bet finding a tent tall enough to stand in is a challenge!