Stolen this Morning

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by momontai, Apr 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. momontai

momontai Nothing beats the smell of a campfire in the air.

Sep 26, 2016
    Oakland, CA
    I know it's a long shot but my trailer was stolen from in front of my house this morning. Yes it had a lock on the hitch but that didn't stop the guys. Anyway, If by chance you happen to a 2002 Clipper 1290ST show up on any sales things in the SF Bay Area in the near future I'd appreciate a nod. The logos and stripes are all peeling off, it has an aluminum bike rack on top in front of the AC and it currently has gaffer tape holding the shower hatch closed on the outside and a rusted nut and wire holding the water heater compartment closed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    boknows likes this.
  2. NMroamer

NMroamer Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Albuquerque NM
    I feel your pain. Had a travel trailer stolen from a storage lot.
    Lost lots of personal stuff.

3. momontai

Sep 26, 2016
    Oakland, CA
    We had only taken it out once since we got it so fortunately all the camp gear is safely in my garage. My wife also reminded me that the crank for the jacks and the lift is also in the garage.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    boknows likes this.
  4. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    That sucks! I'll keep an eye out down here in SoCal.

5. NothingsChocking

NothingsChocking Active Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Texas
    I am sorry to hear that -- No one deserves to loose stuff they rightfully gained. I hope you get it back.

6. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    That really does stink, sorry to hear the bad news. I do hope you get it back soon.

7. world traveler

world traveler Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'll keep an eye as well. I check CL once in a while to see what's out there.

8. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    What kind of a**hole would steal someone's camper??? I'm so sorry to hear this!

9. Arruba

Arruba Member

Nov 28, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I'm sorry for your loss of your trailer. May you soon experience a successful recovery.

10. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sorry for your loss, it's like losing a pet or a distant member of the family. My guess is that they don't even camp and just want to pawn it off for the cash.

11. soft 17

soft 17 Member

Mar 14, 2017
    San Luis Obispo
    Sux! Any picks? I'll keep an eye out down here.

12. rerspain

rerspain Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Middlesex, New Jersey
    That's sucks. You should ask your neighbors if any of them have any security cameras pointing towards the road.

13. JAlbers

JAlbers New Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Corydon, Indiana
    Sorry to hear that. It takes a special kind of person to do something like that. Did you have it insured? Either on it's own policy or possibly your homeowners since it was at your house.

14. Adirondack PUP

Adirondack PUP Member

May 8, 2015
    Upstate New York
    While I won't be much help looking for it over here in New York I want you to know I feel for you guys. I've had things stolen before. Not a good feeling. Hope you have an incredible ending to this story.

15. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Member

May 20, 2016
    One of my biggest fears. I keep mine locked, tarped, cranked all the way down, tongue away from the street. As much as I can do to deter/slow them down. Good luck in recovering it.

16. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry for the awful start to your day. Lost a vehicle to thieves a few years ago. I would miss my camper much more, pretty sure of that.

17. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Aug 28, 2012
    SW Montana
    Insurance?

18. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I am sorry for the loss. If you have insurance, then I envy you that you will be shopping for another popup.

19. momontai

Sep 26, 2016
    Oakland, CA
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. To answer a few questions no it was not insured as the value was not worth the cost of theft coverage. Homeowner's doesn't cover it either since it was parked on the street and not in the driveway. We, along with our neighbors, have cameras around our homes but none of them see much of the street. I do have a picture but would need to get it from my phone to the computer etc and that won't happen until later this evening. The police report is filed and now we wait and hope. Thanks again for all the kind words.

20. world traveler

world traveler Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Is it permitted to park a trailer on a street in your area? Our can only be attached to a vehicle to park anywhere except driveway otherwise you get a ticket...