Suggestions on best roof coating

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Gerard, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Gerard

Gerard New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    I am at the point in my roof rebuild where I will be applying 1/4 inch ply wood to the outside/top of my roof. I am thinking about using bedliner for the entire exterior of the roof. But I am curious if there are other products out there that any of you have use on wood with good results.

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Your best bet for a trouble free roof is to skin it with aluminum, this material is easily obtainable and easy to work

3. Mdc689

Mdc689 New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    This what I used on mine. You can either spray it on or use a roller. It works great. 20171208_091358.jpg

4. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Member

Sep 25, 2016
    My roof was damaged by hail years ago. No holes just a bunch of little dents. They hold dirt and just bug me. Looking for a product that will fill them. Thought about bed liner. Anyone have a better solution?

5. KRash89

KRash89 New Member

Sep 30, 2017
    I used grizzly grip on my fleetwood roof, it leveled out well and the color was spot on. I wanted gray because that was what came on it originally.

gladecreekwy likes this.
  6. WunFiddy

WunFiddy Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Loserpeg, Manitoba
    subscribing to this thread.
    I am curious to know if anyone has bed lined a new camper roof and how long that has held up. Other than the great weight increase on the roof, if there are other downsides to doing it. Was thinking of even bed line the whole front of trailer too, or at least all the seems instead of caulking that pulls away, shrinks, or cracks.