Sunforce 5wt Solar Trickle Charger

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by nhlakes, Aug 1, 2017.

1. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE
    Just plugged in a Sunforce Trickle charger into my Aliner, after verifying that it's SAE plug is reverse polarity just like the factory Zamp fitting. This panel is only big enough for maintenance while in storage and not for re-charging, but it looks like it'll work well. For now I will just set it on the top when it it is closed for storage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006JO0TC/

solartrickle.JPG

2. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    I have a little cheap generic 2 watter that I've velcroed to my battery box, so far, it seems to be maintaining the battery just fine.....don't know if it'll be enough for winter time, I'll just have to wait & see.

3. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE
    Finally got around to finishing the install of the solar trickle charger. The main pole slides out of the lower pole and it all unplugs when camper in use, just leaving the lower pole/mount hidden away. Might paint that part flat black.

solar1.JPG

solar2.JPG

solar3.JPG

4. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE
    I went with the pole mount to help keep it clear of snow. I figure in the winter I'll keep it at more of an angle to help assure that snow does not build up on the panel, which would obviously prevent it from working. Plus it will allow me to put a cover on the trailer (other than the spare.)