Tankless Water Heater ?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by leonoro, Mar 10, 2019.

1. leonoro

leonoro New Member

We are working on the option list for the next RV and I had a question about the water heater.

We currently have a 10g dual gas/elec water heater that works great. It's just the 2 of us and we almost never use the propane to heat water and almost never run out of hot water on electric.

The option of tankless is appealing but I'm pretty sure all of them are gas fired and that would consume a fair bit of propane that we aren't using now.

Is there such a thing as an electric tankless water heater or they all gas?

Pretty sure I already know the answer

2. Waltair

Waltair New Member

3. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

12 Amps of it, or almost half of a 30 Amp shore connection.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Just a thought, ive fired up my propane water heater for washing, and showering, rhen sut it down. It heats up fast. After im done i turn it off. So not cycling to heat the water. I cant see that using much propane. Mine is just propane fed. No volts.

5. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

Tankless electric heaters at 110V are only good for small point of use cases. A separate hot water tap at a sink as an example.

6. tdiller

tdiller Active Member

Tankless water heaters also slow the flow down. They need to do this so that the water running across the heater element has time to warm up. I have one in my barn for washing horses and for that it's fine but I don't think I'd like it in my house or camper for human use.