Tent Bed Frame

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by roybraddy, Nov 19, 2018.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    We always carry along a TENT setup on our trips that really comes in handy when the kids are with us...

I had three or four of these half bed frames that had a pouch where you could slip in an air mattress. All folded up in nice tote for transport... Great for not sleeping on the floor...

All of my totes have wandered off on me now and was looking where to buy some new ones... It seems they are not available anymore. I think my old ones were from DICKS Sports store... OZARKS TRAIL brand...

[​IMG]
    google image

We would tie wrap two together to make up a good queen size bed setup...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
  3. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Escondido, CA
    No problem - I searched on "raised air mattress frame for camping". The one I linked to seems a bit expensive to me, but I didn't see too many others.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  4. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I see this is carried on AMAZON but is from MAC SPORTS... Same price...

These are easy for me to carry in my truck and setup was always easy … I have been dry docked here at the house for a couple of seasons and my goodies keep running off on me… Kids don't always bring my stuff back haha which is ok - at least some of it still gets used here and there...

My three room tent is perfect for these... This has one long area and two back rooms. The twin beds fit in the back room perfect (two tie wrapped together). The other back room gets used for day time storage...
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

5. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
  6. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I looked in our WALMART store and didn't find anything like this... I guess some stores stock different things... Does this model come with a roll around tote?... I don't mind the higher cost if it is what I am looking for... One queen size and two twin sizes is what works best for me...

I have never ordered something from WALMART and had it shipped to my local store here in King George..

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

7. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I like to order from AMAZON PRIME with two day shipping... This is my Radio Shack replacement store too haha... Now that AMAZON is moving into Virginia I guess we will have to start paying sales tax now...

Between WALMART and AMAZON we can get all of the camping stuff we need I reckon...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

8. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    the ones i have yes. ripped bag top on one, broke wheel on the other. too heavy for rough terrain.

9. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    WALLY, site to store is FREE. pick up in back /layaway section, drive home with it.
    if coleman brand is better than ozarka trails, this will work great for you. i also have a few flat boards (fence pickets cut up) to put under the feet for non level tent floors.

cold weather camping: get a few extra blankets to put on top of airbed, beneath you. even a sheet that reaches the floor on all 4 sides will keep bed warmer.

get it.
    https://www.coleman.com/airbed-cot-queen/2000020270.html?cgid=coleman-sleepingbagsandbeds#start=9

most brik retailers only stock top selling items. shelf space is cut-throat biz.
    second tier has moved online.

also, when product arrives at west coast, & a shipping case is damaged, new product / damaged box is dumped on ebay auctions. check there too.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  10. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Thanks KAT - Good info...
    Holiday greetings....

Roy Ken

Katskamper likes this.
  11. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    to you too.
    booked a site for tomorrow.
    as little as i use the battery, will a home depot “deep cycle” battery be good enough?

12. roybraddy

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I was using the Interstate GP24 85AH batteries since 2008 and they did just for several years... I watch the DC VOLTAGE with a panel meter and when it drops to around 12.0VDC I stop using them... Then the next moring I can hookupmy Converter/Charger to my 2KW generator and run it for a three hours sduring breakfast and that gets the GP24 batteries back up to their 90% charge state. Then can do it all over again for the next night off-road... When running the 2KW generator I brew up my fresh ground and brewed favorite bean coffee for the day. It brews up into a thermos pot and then no power needed to keep it hot for hours... I do as many as 10-12 of these 50% to 90% charge state without doing any damage to my interstates. Then I need to do a slow all day charging thing usually when I get back home a week later...

Been my off-road routine for years since 2008

Roy Ken