Texas Puppers Rally Wolf Creek 2017

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by phoodieman, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    OK..July is less than a month away. It's not official until we reserve but let's see if we can get an unofficial head count. No pressure....

Suggestions so far from the phoodieman camp:

Kathleen and I considered a dream catcher construction workshop. We'll supply everything needed. I can have several in various stages of completion for all skill levels.

Lonestar mentioned a scavenger hunt. Those are always fun!! I could set up a treasure hunt complete with clues and booty as an alternative.

I could do a little magic demo....It's been a while and I'm pretty rusty so it would be an unplugged show with no organization.

Bon ton roulette yawl.....

Phoodieman

2. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    All right! We are up and running! Two here plus my Sugar (14 yo Peke). May add some friends as we get closer. Dream catchers are cool! Magic show- practice, practice, practice!

I have the reservation window date for Sept 4th-10th opening up Mon. July 10 at 8 am both online and by phone. Online is faster for site guarantee. There used to be only one phone line. If you want to stay over past Sunday, you should call the office after reserving online thru the 10th and extend your date. Tonya usually handles the calls.

I'll give site suggestions later. Still on vacation in the Appalachian Mtns.

3. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    IMG_0172.PNG Back from vacation! For Wolf Creek Rally at L. Livingston Sept. 8-10: The best sites, full hookups and close to rest rooms, showers, marina store, boat launch, swimming, and playground right across the road: #30 (suggest for you as wagon master), 21, 22, 29, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12. There is open common area between 30 and 15, across from playground. Reservations open July 10. Map is distorted, not showing exact site relationships or the playground across the street from #13 or all conveniences. Any site would be good in these 3 circles except #4.

4. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Count Mary Jane and Txbum in for this one. Phoodie we can bring some booty for the treasure chest. I will be dressed as a Pirate.

5. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    OK...let's get some more participants so we can call this thing a rally. Did somebody say pirate costume?

Phoodieman

Ty likes this.
  6. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Arghhhh! Well a scavenger hunt for treasure booty sounds like fun! Might talk my girlfriends and brother into the rally also. Will know more as we get closer. We need to get those other Puppers on board. Some may not be following the new portal. If any of you have contact info other than portal, maybe give them a heads up to get this rally going.

7. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoodie I have a Pirate's costume , if you'd like to use it I can bring it. Txbum

8. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I have one. It's my Halloween costume. Or I wear it to work if I'm out of clean clothes..... :>)

phoodieman

9. Ty

Ty New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    My family would be interested in joining this event is September! Is there a sign up of some sort? Thanks!

10. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Hi Ty! We would love to have you join us. Phoodieman is the Wagonmaster of this one. He will respond soon, but I think we have to have 5 sites reserved to be an official Rally. So, if you look at the thread, earlier I posted the map and site suggestions. Reservations for that week open 7/10 at 8am. So l think just reserve one of those sites and let Phoodieman know on this thread. Then you are in! Robin (Lonestarcamper)

Ty likes this.
  11. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Like lonestar said. We will need to have five reserved sites for an official rally. With the interest shown so far we have four possible. The 10th is coming up soon. Rally or not I want to see what this place is like.

Phoodieman

Ty likes this.
  12. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    I chatted with Indy (Katie) on Puppers Facebook Group page and she sounds like she is up to trying this one. I told her everyone will help her out with setup and all. Hope she will come. She probably needs encouragement from us. Phoodieman, we are coming to Wolfcreek regardless also. Might be coming in early from a rally on Lake Conroe Labor Day.

13. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I will do everything I can to accommodate her stay....

Phoodieman

14. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I would like to go, but we have a merit badge college to attend with scouts. Have fun everyone!

15. Ty

Ty New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Great, thanks!

I will probably need to call the campsite to find out how we can be accommodated as my group will have 2 families. We went to New Orleans last year and managed with one spot (a little under the radar) by having some in the RV and the bigger boys in a tent next to the rv. I know that many campsites don't allow this. I have a trailer tent that got wet and mildewed ( :( ) but we will be bringing that if I can get the damage sorted. We are hoping to stay within 2 sites, if allowed.

We will have a 2 moms, 1 dad and 8 kids between the two families (8yrs old and up). We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Welcome Ty and Katie (Indy) , please come on to the rally. Richard & Mary Jane ( Txbum). Lonestar camper, how does one register to be able to reserve a site. I looked and looked and cannot find a registration link. Thanks. Txbum

17. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Txbum, in small print, near bottom, click to make reservations. Or, go to TRA webpage, Wolfcreek Park, and it will link you. You have to check box to "agree to terms" also, before it will let you go further. Can't wait! Home for the rest of summer, beating the heat, until Labor Day!

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Yes, I tried what you said, but no go. I enter my personal email and a password the system says no password found for that email. Has to be a registration process somewhere. I hear you jane was all said because all her co-workers went to beach for July 4 , holiday. i was on call again. She says she is ready to get out of Dodge for more that a few days. We just got back from 2 weeks in Mexico. txbum

19. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Finally!!! I was able to log in and reserve a site for August 11 thru 13 just a get away for Jane and myself. here's the scoop, I first went to reservations, clicked on agree to terms, then went to select a date of reservation, enter an email address , create a password, give contact info and credit card info. etc. You have to select a unit ( unit is a site), then give info about your rig, type of rig, length etc. If site is available and your payment is good, you will receive a confirmation number. Whew. hope this helps. So if anyone is in the area on Aug 11, stop by site 30 and visit. Txbum

20. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Glad you got it done! Now don't forget to reserve on Monday. BTW, if you are extending into the next week after 9/10, I'd call the office and ask them to add those days because website won't let you reserve into next week because of 60 day window. Ask for Tonya if she is there. We will stay Sun night. Y'all have fun'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.