Texas Puppers Rally Wolf Creek 2017

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by phoodieman, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Sallugo, you should not have any issues power wise, just like home. The salsa sounds real good. I am sure Robin lonestarcamper will be happy you are bringing the cookies and stuff.

2. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes Sallugo, ditto Txbum!
    I'm working on our scavenger hunt bags this weekend. Looks to be amazing weather the whole time!!!! I'm loading up the kayaks!

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    That cold front couldn't have better timing. Camp fires are always better in 70 degree weather than 85 degrees. Looks like Irma is headed up the east coast also. Which is good because if I get rained out on this one I am 0 for 2 and will be hanging up the wagon master hat as I would consider my self weather cursed.

4. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Btw, don't need gummies, just prepared chocolate pudding and oreos

5. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Now that I've read all 8 pages, I believe I'm caught up!
    Phoodie: You can take Incog Neato off and make us known. :) We're in #30 and have no issue being the central location.
    We have 2 adults and 3 kids: 1 year, 2 year, and 4 year old....BUSY!! [EEK] :shocked:

Indy: SO glad you're coming. [:D]

Txbum: We were going to come visit but couldn't get you on the phone. Not happy we missed fajitas [:(!]

Not sure what we'll bring for Saturday dinner pot luck but it'll be something good. As for breakfast....Adrian hasn't actually cooked since we married 10 years ago, so THAT should be interesting!! LOL [XX(] [:D]

6. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    The men are suppose to make BREAKFAST for their queen . Adrian can assist someone doing eggs or pancakes. Take you a full blown BREAKFAST in bed. How bout that?. I am trying to pack up for trip . Pulled camper up in driveway. Giving the once over. Tire pressure check . Charged battery. Check all lights etc. JANE is all excited to be seeing everyone again. Being in a cast has been tiring for her. This group has lifted her spirit.

AzSunshine likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    All is well here, but man did Harvey create a mess! It's got my timeline a bit backed up because I've had to work NON-STOP once the waters receded... gotta collect blood donations in times of crisis! But I still plan to head out.... the schools delaying their return date to Sept 11 really helped me with getting that Friday off & an early start. I'm excited.

A million thanks to TxBum, Lonestar, and everyone who helped me get the camper ready and get some practice driving. I'm getting excited!

AzSunshine likes this.
  8. AzSunshine

AzSunshine New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Hi Ty! My husband and I have #21! We have our youngest coming with us who is 11. Looking forward to meeting!

9. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Sara jests some with her statement about cooking. She "forgets" me cooking some before kids in light of the fact that right now the only things I ever have to cook are more of warming things up or grilling. To her that's "not cooking".

A little update for us - our truck has been running a bit rough lately (not all cylinders firing every time) and now we're getting codes for misfires. Got an appointment to drop it off tomorrow and hopefully they'll have it fixed by the time we head out on the trip. Our plan is that we'll take the truck back, fixed or not, to go on the trip, but we're hoping for fixed so we can test it out. I didn't realize we had a problem until we got the misfire codes and I started paying attention to the ride quality of the truck and realized it wasn't suspension related but engine. Oh well, live and learn, right?

10. AzSunshine

AzSunshine New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Hi Robin! Question for you. Do you need pudding pre-packaged or would you prefer freshly made in a big container? Trying to get everything set with what you need for dessert.

11. AzSunshine

AzSunshine New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Alright ladies and gents, sallugo and I are thinking of having diced potatoes (some with chopped up peppers and onions and some without to go along for breakfast on Saturday. For Sunday we can make eggs and chorizo with tortillas and my crack salsa!! As for potluck dinner, I'm possibly thinking of making ribs in my pressure cooker since some comments on here say I should have no problem using my pressure cooker out in the park. I'll know for sure very soon. If not, in sure we will ring some of our favorite grilling meat along with more of my crack salsa and chips!

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ok....you guys gals are making me Hungreeee....now it is only Tuesday but I can't wait. Camper is packed. Just need to get m.i.l. home or have someone stay with her at my home. She can't travel more than a hour. I can almost smell the campfires...Txbum

13. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Oh yeah I get a text from Alex they had no water in their home!!!! Checking on their camper. They had been out of town when Harvey hit. Whew a close one. Their neighbors home did flood. Wow.

14. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello Az and all! All that food you mentioned sounds terrific! I'll have BBQ chicken and 2 diff beans for potluck and pancakes for Billy to cook for breakfast. Remember, he went to cooking school so he should be able to handle it! We are here already! Beautiful and serene (empty too). Here was my route:
    99 from Sugar Land to I45. North to Willis exit, then headed east to hookup with 150 to Coldspring. Left on 156, right on 224 straight to park. No problems!
    Those of you with more than 6 people staying 3 nights, ask about 1/2 year park pass vs daily charges. Might be with it!
    See ya soon!

AzSunshine likes this.
  15. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    AZ, we will be filling clear cups with pudding and "treasure" so a big bowl of prepared chocolate pudding would be best. Thanks for checking. I'm already here and waiting for the cool front. Sooooo peaceful! Look forward to meeting you!

AzSunshine likes this.
  16. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Mostly caught up on this thread. Hope to roll in about noon Friday.
    Stacy and I bringing cabbage and sausage for pot luck, with a pack or two of Asian sausage for Saturday breakfast.
    Can't wait to see everybody again or for the first time.

17. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Mark, tell Sheba Richard has some good meaty treats for her!

18. lonestarcamper

Jul 25, 2014
    IMG_0995.JPG A great thunderstorm last night brought in a cool breeze this morning at Wolfcreek. Forecast is for sunshine for days and days to come!

AzSunshine likes this.
  19. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Richard, Sheba is packed and ready.
    When the camper hooks up she is impossible.

20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Excellent on site reporting, hey is that Billy in the background? Go Army!!

AzSunshine likes this.