Texas Puppers (South)- Memorial Wknd @ Goliad SP

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Friday May 27th - Monday May 30th at Goliad State Park, Karankawa Loop. Elec/Water/Sewer and Pull-thru sites $25/Night.

Only 10 Sites Available as of today and many on the other loop which is some distance away and a parking lot. There are 5 screened shelters on the Karankawa loop as well. See Map below

The missions are beautiful and the on-site museum has recently been renovated. Interpretive and regular trails, Tons of history all around, Playground, Big swimming pool across the street, Guided tours. River fishing. The downtown is really neat. Im sure there will be market days or some festival that weekend as well. We are really looking forward to getting back there.

Of course we will make this an official rally if we get 5 rigs, but no biggie if we don't . We are going nonetheless and would love for anyone to come and enjoy it with us. Im sure there will also be a rally further north later in the summer. Below is a little fun you can have in the armory on-site.

Park Info
    http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/goliad

Reservations
    http://texas.reserveworld.com/

Goliad is 1:28 from San Antonio, 2:20 from Houston and Austin, 1:15 from Corpus.

Attached Files:

2. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    It's a sign! Goliad SP gas a nice pup on their home page[emoji16]

[​IMG]

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Count us in. Me+DW+2 little kids. We've got our reservations booked starting the week before. Going to be a shortened camping season due to the new addition to our family later in the year so we have to get all of our camping in early.

Only three more reservations needed to make this an official rally...

4. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Thats Great and Welcome!

We are looking forward to camping in a State Park and not have to use our big blue boy for gray water, but I won't "need" to use my new reverse lights and the camera in my pup bumper to get in the site since they are pull-thrus. I may have to make it complicated when we arrive so I can. [LOL]

Some pics of the last trip. Sites 16 and 18 on the map above IIRC

Attached Files:

5. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Downtown Goliad is an great old store called "Mae's Ice Creme and Soda Shoppe" where my youngest had her first taste of ice cream. Below is the "taste" and right after swallowing.

Attached Files:

6. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Word of advice. It shouldnt be too hot in May but the main reason we were at the ice cream shop in the pic above was because we got a "no shade over the pup" (seating was fine) site in July with high humidity and 99 degrees. We had PUGs but no reflectix at the time and it was just too hot inside the pup. The 13.5K AC couldnt keep up. We went back the next weekend with same weather for a kid swap with the grandparents, with reflectix in the bunk windows, and the pup was nap-worthy mid-day.

7. rosepetal

rosepetal I would rather be camping!

Jan 31, 2014
    We are in! Already made our reservations. Goliad was one of our first trips in our pup. It was so cool they showed a Disney movie on the side of the mission one night. It is a beautiful and peaceful park, so I am so glad we are going back. Thanks for organizing Ryanincc.

8. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Hey all! Got my Memorial reservation made Fri-Tues. Out of school Friday midday for the summer. Whoo-hoo!
    Thanks Ryan for the heads-up. I have never camped here. They had 7 sites left at 9:00 pm tonight, and mine leaves 6.
    Hope it becomes a rally.
    See you at I B Magee in March too.
    Robin

9. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Oh crap.... Rosepetal! Why did you say that?! Now I have work to do... "organizing" [:(O] [:(O]

[LOL] [LOL] JK and Welcome! You too Robin!

I was thinking Adrian and I were gonna get to sit back and have a quiet weekend. Well, Ill take fun over quiet any day [;)] [;)]

10. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Just up the road from us, count us in, I'll have to wait till the am to book our site

11. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    That's 5 with you S. TxCamper. Official it is! WooHoo! Wait...that was a little too easy... [LOL]

Steve is on a 3 month trip (I heard but not sure) and Im unaware of who is filling in for him. Theres a line to get a rally official apparently. Anybody have any insight on that?

12. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Based upon recent postings, I'd check with ChocoChock01 and see if they know. Other than that it seems that other rallies that would normally become official just stick to the "rallies being planned" section for the moment. They'll either get to it in time or not. Not a big deal either way.

13. dougfam

dougfam Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Count us in, & we already made reservations.

14. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    BOOKED!!! What a way to start a vacation will be going to coast the following week all week. Oui b dar, messier.

15. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    4 sites left on the Karankawa Loop as well as the 5 screened shelters as of this post.

I guess we need to start the discussion on the rally name and potluck/s?

How bout Veterans' Weekend Rally. If you served you don't have to set your pup up or down (or lots of help) or cook anything, well except for Txbum. He cooks waaaay to well to let him off the hook.

Did I mention I was in the Navy? HAH!

16. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Just got a site in the Wakawaka Loop!
    Hoo Ray!

17. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    What you talking bout Ryan??? I t ain't cookin nuthin!!! [{:)]....I am going to fish!!! If I catch something we'll eat it! [LOL].....END OF SCHOOL!!! Rally

18. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Name could be confused with Veteran's Day in November.

Personally I think you've already picked a decent name, maybe just shorten it a bit.

I do like the quick topic change to discussing food though...

19. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Cookin' huh? Howz about a theme of..."on a stick!"

20. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Welcome Merlin! Now it will be a party! Like having Steve Martin and Robin Williams camp with you! [LOL]

Txbum, Does MJ even let you come along camping if you won't cook? [LOL] [BBQ] [CB] [pld]

School is out for Tillie 3 days after we get home so Im digging the school's out theme.

https://youtu.be/2Oo8QzDHimQ?t=1m

4 Sites Left

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.