Texas Puppers (South)- Memorial Wknd @ Goliad SP

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Ryanincc, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks for the input on deet....I use Picardin spray it works well and is dry no sticky and available a Wally world

2. dougfam

dougfam Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Just an FYI. The paddling trail is closed due to flooding. So if you were planning on bringing a canoe or kayak you might want to leave them at home this trip.

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    POS # 2 has lived up to its name. It is being towed back to the car lot from whence it came. Hopefully it will get fixed Thursday because if not I am out of the rally. I don't see how they are going to get it ready in time. They would have half a day Friday, so I'm keeping all toes and fingers crossed. Good news is insurance has come up with a settlement I consider about the fairest I will get from them. I don't care what kind of insurance you have or who was at fault in an accident you always lose.

Phoodieman

4. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Phoodie: Our offer still stands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

5. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    This one just wasn't going to happen for me. I got the TV back here at the house but it's too late to get a start. %100 confidence in the camper but about %65 in the TV after my latest experience. Thanks to the Glovers for the offer, but I am going to sit the holiday weekend here at the house. Disappointed, but I will see you guys in the future somewhere. Watch out for those mega giant mosquitos down there. I grew up not too far from Goliad so I know the lay of the land.

Phoodieman

6. txnightsky

txnightsky New Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Looks like we are canceling due to the weather. It's been too crazy here in Houston and the forecast has these storms traveling south to see Goliad. Not interested in that experience yet with two kiddos...

Have a great time, hope the forecast is wrong for those going...

Mike

7. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Breakfast will be delivered shortly.

8. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Just checking, did everyone make it home ok? Yesterday we got hammered with some pretty nasty weather, so just thought I'd ask. Great turnout, the family and I had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    All got out fairly unscathed. We were the last to leave Tuesday morning. Had a great time and can't wait until the next one!!!

10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    A OK here. Went to Matagorda Nature RV Park. Got drenched but met very nice people. Beach was rough water dangerous unfortunately a lady from Bryan Tx drowned due to rip tides. We made it out before more rains today. In Victoria now. The rally was good and I sincerely appreciate everyone stepping in to help out. We may have a new member soon, Judy and Domingo from Houston. They tent camped and had a great time at the pot luck. I hope someone took photos....please post . Txbum and Ms.Txbum....S.TX Campersand and family made a set of nice caps for us. Thanks Medina family.Thank you Sara for a great breakfast on Memorial day.

11. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

12. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Here are a few pics, though I thought I took more. The kids had a blast with T-minus! I don't know who was having more fun though, the kids or him! TxBum, gave my boy the bright idea of soaking me with ice cold water, wasn't cool at all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    That's all I have on my phone but I know A took some on his camera. I'll get him to upload as soon as our current crisis is over....

[​IMG]

14. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Are we going to get an album set up for the rally or do we just want to post the pictures in the thread? I don't plan on doing any edits to the pictures, so I'll probably just do the in camera conversion this time around for the uploads.

15. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Maybe Popup Steve is the person to ask. He would normally set up a spot for after rally photo album

16. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I'm going to camp July 4th, I don't care what or where. It's late to book but I will take anything I can get now. I have to road test this set up because I am about to drive about 3500 miles round trip to Maine and I want to know I am road ready. I think I'm going to try for Palmetto State Park. One of my favorites.

Phoodieman

17. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Phoodie if you feel like dry camping or bringing a gen set you're welcome to come park on our land for the weekend. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

18. phoodieman

phoodieman Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Will consider it Skeeter....Thanks...

Phoodieman

19. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Thanks everyone for coming to Goliad. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you all again and I hope all had a memorable time. The heat got to me a bit this time and I wasn't as present during the day as I would liked to have been but had a wonderful time and look forward to the next time we all see each other again.

20. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    T was fun seeing a lot of the regulars and the Mission was pretty cool! Thanks for getting us together Ryan.