Texas Puppers (South)- Memorial Wknd @ Goliad SP

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Since all the pallet wood came from work and had an engineering spec stamped on the side, I looked it up. They only use chemical free wood of certain species of fast growing, light weight lumber, so no health concerns burning this, other than the normal ones that come with breathing in smoke.

What is pictured is a little more than 6.5 cubic feet of pine, ash, or similar.

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Sarah, that's plenty good enough. If people would like to make a list I will be glad to post. We will be making spaghetti with Italian meat balls, and toasted garlic bread for Pot Luck Saturday. We are taking the goodie bags for the kids , if we can get everyone to chime in again, this will give us an idea of total kids in attendance. We try to make the bags suitable for boy, girl and age specific. I will step up to coordinate the rally if you like. Need to know who is arriving and when. Please help me, otherwise I will have to read each post . S.TxCamper and I are BBQing don't know which day though. Suggestion from us, bring your camp chairs, if you have a pop up shelter for use at pot luck bring it. A table to set the food on during the Pot Luck will be appreciated. Thanks.....Txbum

3. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    txnightsky, desserts or fruits, veggies would be nice to have. Everyone please remember to bring your cups to drink out of, any flatware you may need, knives,fork,spoon. We will need some shelters (pop up) kind for the potluck dinner . I am bringing one, Lonestarcamper has one, need at least four maybe five. We can huddle Friday night/ Saturday morning to plan mealtimes , etc. I will bring some art board to post events times. Bring your flags, and if you have a school or hometown flag bring it as well.

4. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    ryanincc​

5. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Everyone here is well. Still no pup yet, in limbo with insurance over damaged canvas from water leaking in during hail storms. I'm all for a rally at Cedar Creek SP.

6. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    skeeter, sounds good, when you think?.....I can make a 3 day pretty easy. leaving on Sunday or Monday.....I have family that lives in Duncanville, they would like to attend also. Can you imagine overlaying your pup with layers of 2 inch foam and reskinning with canvas ? Might work .

7. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Head count 20 adults..11 kids.....
    Ryanincc Adrianpglover
    lonestarcamper
    Rosepetal
    dougfam
    S.TxCamper
    Phoodieman
    txnightsky
    T-minusRetire
    Txbum

8. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    T-minusRetire, Alex, there is a planned pot luck for Saturday evening, theme is Italian food. We are doing spaghetti /meatballs/garlic bread. Phoodie is doing something with pesto. Try to bring something Italian [:D]......do you have a long table you can bring? Thanks. We will be happy to see you and family soon. Txbum

9. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Hey all,
    I am bringing lasagna, some salad, garlic bread for Sat Pot Luck Italian.
    I have homemade cookies (maybe brownies too).
    I have eggs, sausage, etc. with tortillas for Sunday breakfast if we are cooking breakfast tacos (or ordering out).

I will bring 2 long tables, canopy, large coffee pot, and big string lights. If someone beside TXbum can contribute some coffee and condiments, that would be helpful (don't want to overload them). Bringing your own utensils and paper goods is also recommended.

I can add a couple of links of sausage to the BBQ, and I have beans.

I am bringing cut wood cuz I am starting 6 weeks of vaca and can't afford $6 a bundle :)

Bringing some choc, marshmallows, and graham crackers as well.

3 1/2 days of school left!!!! Wear your red, white, and blue too!

See y'all soon--Robin

10. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    We'll also be bringing:

-coffee/decaf coffee [:D]
    -various teas
    -sugar/splenda
    -creamer (hazelnut)

11. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Sure wish Stacy and I could make it with our latest dumpster find. Found it while walking Shiba minutes ago. Don't think it's ever been set up.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Merlin, my friend, buddy, best amigo, I could use a pop up shelter , I glady give 2 hanburgers Tuesday for a red shelter Thursday.....nice find! Txbum

13. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Change of plans a big possibility.....there is a huge Tejano Bash in Victoria this weekend....thinking hard bout going . Txbum

14. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    TxBum I second that, so close to Victoria with that many big named bands sounds like a great time! Friday night is rock and roll night.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

15. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Could go after pot luck......heck they probably will have food at the event. Hmmmmmn..decisions ...decisions.....orale pues vamos..

16. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    We will not be going to the Bash. Not with our kiddos and how late it gets. Plus, budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

17. dougfam

dougfam Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Sounds like fun, but we will not be going either. Don't let that stop y'all from going. If you do go enjoy and tell us about all the good music we missed.

18. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    We're here! Bring your bug spray...CRAZY BIG MOSQUITOES!!!! And lot of them. :-/ FYI...we're in #9

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

19. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Hey all. Sorry for not checking in sooner. I'm just getting over being under the weather. I might be slower than usual but I'm 98% sure we are still going. Thanks for keeping the ball rolling everyone. I'll try to get organized in the morning.

20. txnightsky

txnightsky New Member

Dec 6, 2015
    FYI, just finished bug research, as my wife was freaked out by ticks last outing at Cagle SP and hates mosquitos. Here is my one two punch...

- 3M Ultrathon Cream repellent good for 12 hours (slow release DEET formula)
    - Sawyer Permethrin Bug Repellent / Killer for clothing and the camper. (Lasts 6 months or 6 washes and safe for plastic and vinyl)

Both available at my local Academy but cheaper to order at Walmart if you have time...

The two should give total protection...

Avoid DEET on vinyl, plastic, and rubber. It eats it....

Look forward to meeting up with you all.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.