Texas Puppers Winter rally pllans anyone?

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Txbum, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello, I have been asked when is the next rally ? Let us open for discussion a time, location and duration of the next rally or rallies. Txbum

2. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    How about Big Bend Ranch State Park in March when everything is blooming. :)

3. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I vote farther north than south. I may end up being forced to take a week off by March from use or lose.

4. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    There is member nconniej52 that lives near Denton, that would be interested in a rally at a Corp of Engineer Park. bearman52, I would like to attend a rally in New Mexico, the distance for us is doable, but I would likely have to take vacation for such a trip west. For me a Trip to Big bend is at least 8 hours. What i have heard there are not any amenities such as water/electric sites, correct me if I am wrong. I do plan to take two consecutive weeks of vacation in summer and travel along with Merlin14 towards Colorado. Perhaps we could schedule a visit with you.

5. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    There are several corps parks around lake lavon, near my house. Not sure if anyone is interested in the drive time, however.

6. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    If March we're out-baby is due mid March. Jan/Feb we might can do but it'll have to be close to us

7. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Otro chiquito? Quando paso eso????? Felicidades...... [:D]

8. nconniej52

nconniej52 One semi-retired DH and a cute blonde Shih tzu

Jul 31, 2012
    Never been to a rally but we want to start attending. I don't know if it's too far but we have a wonderful park in Lewisville called Hickory Creek. There isn't an enclosed bld. But a shelter surrounded by rv spaces and a bathhouse. Just a suggestion for sometime. Since we are new a little info. I'm 63 disabled with polio and my dh is 64 and retired pastor but working part time at Best Buy. He works Monday through Wednesday.

9. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Wherever you guys choose, just please make the weather cooperate!!!!
    I missed Texana, but going to try to make it up there on MLK. It has been beautiful weather there at that time for the last few years.

10. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Txbum sorry it took so long to answer DW and I did the Alkali Flats hike yesterday at White Sands National Monument. [:D]

You are correct about no amenities but there are vault toilets and a great shower at the headquarters building.

We live in Las Cruces/El Paso area now and it is a 8 hour drive for us also.

There are many places here in NM such as City of Rocks with full hookups in the RV corral. Most places here in NM don't require A/C but rather a heater as the nights will get in the 20's and 30's with daytime temps in the mid 50's to high 60's.
    Sorry for the hijack.

Back to Texas. We would really like to visit you folks this year but like you Texbum we live over 8 hours from the DFW area. San Antonio area would be OK but we are on baby watch for my oldest DD in January, February is OK but anything in north Texas will be a bit chilly and will have snow. This years winter is a bit crazy for you Texans. [;)]

Palo Duro Canyon is always a great place and it has all the amenities. 6.5 hours from Las Cruces. [A]

11. KampCraft79

KampCraft79 New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    TEXAS
    Hey y'all, I'm new to the Forum. Any idea if there are plans for any 2016 Rally's in the DFW area?

12. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I'm ready....cold weather camping is my favorite.

Phoodieman

13. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'll find out in the next couple of weeks is I'm going to wind up being forced to take a week off.

14. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    What about Lost Maples? I have wanted to get there and have heard a lot about it.

West Texas has such good camping areas. Davis Mountain SP was awesome. It is a long drive though. November there was very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The McDonald Observatory tour was something else. Very interesting.

[​IMG]

Phoodieman

15. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Not sure if we could realistically do lost maples unless it was a bit further out on a time line. It's a 6 hour drive for us and would most likely have to be during some type of off school time.

16. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Some great pictures there phoodieman. Tent camped there in college for a weekend. Had a professor who was doing some observing at night so we got a back door tour. Also spent a few hours in one of the smaller observatories on a rather cool spring night. I was amazed at the viewing during that trip, but it helps when there's a county wide law against light pollution.

17. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    I think our week long Summer Vacation trip is a no go for us due to the wife being prego and her wanting to save the vacation time for the kiddos arrival which is expected sometime in July. So anyone have anything in the works for a summer rally or maybe even a spring break rally?

18. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    I don't know about planning a rally, but I am going down to I.B. McBee Park at Port Aransas at Spring Break. They did have plenty of sites a couple of weeks ago. It's a lot of fun to rent a beach cart and tool around the town and beach. Lots of good restaurants and shopping and a nice marina and park for kiddos in town.

19. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    We're up for another rally whenever. We have some vacation days that we can move around to whenever. Our kids are still too young for school so we're not tied to a yearly schedule just yet.

20. Mally

Mally Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Haven't been to a rally yet. But I would love to go depending on time and location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.