Texas Puppers Winter rally pllans anyone?

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Txbum, Nov 30, 2015.

1. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    We're now expecting a third baby in early October...so any chance we could get a rally together for late spring or early summer? We're already going to have to cancel the trip to Lost Maples at the end of October, so we really want to try and get out there earlier this year.

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'd be game for a summer rally depending on location.

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    We have reservations at IB Magee our first weekend of Spring Break. March 11-14. Popup Steve is strangely MIA lately, but we'd have to move fast to get sites there. Lots of fun out there during break when you do not have to drive in 6 hour stand still traffic

http://www.nuecesbeachparks.com/ibmageebeachpark.html

Also, the kids are also out of school on Good Friday, March 25th, we have reservations that weekend at Palmetto SP. A wonderful place but impossible for a rally due to such few sites.

4. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Availability

4 sites with grass

3 sites in the hard top area (parking lot)

5. nconniej52

nconniej52 One semi-retired DH and a cute blonde Shih tzu

Jul 31, 2012
    Would love a rally but 8 hours is a long drive for us. Maybe sometime if centrally located. We're coming from north Dallas area.

6. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    I would like to see a rally in or near Waco....we had a rally at Lake Whitney last year during spring break....I think...Txbum...My son is getting married March 16, and I will be camping (after) the wedding, at Buescher State Park in Smithville near Bastrop Thursday 17 march check out Sunday March 20....If anyone wants to visit or camp feel welcome. Nice park, lots of biking and hiking possibilities, small lake to fish.

7. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Connie, we are in wylie so it's likely if yall don't attend due to drive time then neither will we. I'd love to do more rallies in a korthern location but it seems many newer members are much further south.

8. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I'm also interested in going back to Goliad SP. Pull thru sites and full hookups at a state park on the main loop.

Or going back to Lake Texana. We thoroughly enjoyed the last Rally there and will go back rally or not :)

9. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    New Rule: If you are a Texas Pupper, Put your city in your signature for rally management. [:D] [:D]

Any rally before Summer will have to be south of I-10 for us.

Beusher sounds nice, Brazos Bend too, Canyon Lake. My youngest will be 3 soon, which opens us up to farther distances than last year.

10. sallugo

sallugo Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Fort Worth TX
    I will keep an eye out on this thread! I missed last years rally since the pup was in Tucson! It's now here in DFW and is begging to get out of the tandem garage!!!!

11. Mally

Mally Member

Sep 21, 2015
    That is genius! Done.

I'm north of Houston... I work at Sam Houston State.

I will try to attend depending on dates and location. :)

12. rosepetal

rosepetal I would rather be camping!

Jan 31, 2014
    We live in Conroe, but I think a rally at Goliad SP would be lots of fun since there is so much to do in the area. It's very relaxing there and the pull thru sites are nice. We could probably do a rally April 22nd or 29th.

13. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Originally we tried to stay somewhere near the center of the triangle between Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. Rallies in this area are doable for us. Ryan, South of I-10 is unlikely we would make a rally that far. Maybe we should split again and do northern branch and southern branch rallies.

14. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    No harm in having 2 rallies, especially when many can make both.

15. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Depending on timing, we could make either or both. I doubt there are enough members in West Texas to make a rally far enough away that we couldn't attend, at least not before the pregnancy gets too far along.

And as a note here, we're in Katy, TX, just west of Houston.

16. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    We prefer to go north instead of south simply because there are more campgrounds within the same drive time. Plus going north makes it more accessible for more people I feel.

I doubt we can make a rally before April- baby girl is due in a few weeks and We've got family commitments in March with that.

April and later it all depends if it falls on my weekend off or not and how far it is. We'd love to attend another rally or two before the pup gets sold this summer