Texas Rallies 2010

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by lyz, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX
    The dates are:

Tyler SP Feb. 12 - 14 2010 BOOK YOUR SITE NOW, DUE TO SHORTAGE OF SITES!! ONLY 15 SITES LEFT!

Inks Lake SP Oct. 8 - 10 2010

2. craigtheretired

craigtheretired New Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Newburgh, New York
    We be booked and paid for the whole week! Is it too early for Ink Lakes registration?

Craig & Mickey

3. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    If anyone can't make this rally on this weekend, we've booked the weekend before Thanksgiving. Wish we could see all of you in October. If not, see you at Tyler SP in February!! :)

4. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    Were going to Inks Lake SP the weekend of Oct. 15-18 this year. Wonder if any other Portal members will be there?

5. srds

srds Freeport,Texas

Jun 17, 2007
    Texas Gulf Coast
    We just returned and they where finally getting some rain,can't wait to go back

6. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Seems like the rule is that you can book a site one year in advance? So, should be able to reserve a site in a week or so?

7. MrWhippie

MrWhippie New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    The Whippie's are reserved for October.

8. TXpopper

TXpopper New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    What area should I reserve to be part of the group in OCT?

9. wardog

wardog Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Texas
    TXpopper at our last rally we booked the electric and water sites. You can check with Lzy to confirm but I am pretty sure they will book the same area.

10. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    We are now reserved for Inks Lake in Oct. 2010 [:D]

11. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Well guys, just went on texas.reserveworld.com [:(]seems like they have 40 spots left for the Far west side 1,2,3 &4 (water only sites)....NO electric/water sites available. I'm gonna call park on monday before we reserve. Does anyone with reservations know what sites they reserved???

12. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Ike & Carmen,

Keep calling the park itself between now and Oct. to see if there are any cancellations for a Water & Electric site. I reserved a Water & Electric site just last week. The new reservation system is just like the old one though (Reserve America), you can't choose any site number just a site type (ie, Water, Water & Electric, Full Hook Up, ect.).

There is plenty of time between now and the Rally to get somebody's Electric & Water cancellation, maybe book the Water only site on Mon. just to be safe, and then if you get a Water & Electric one, just cancel the one you have ?

You guys have to go :) ............................ we'll run a REALLY long extension cord to you if we have to !! [:D] [;)]

13. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    [LOL] [LOL]That's funny Phil, Ike says he's got a lot of LONNNNNNG cords too!! yeah, I'll book water only if I have to on Monday. For all you Texans who haven't joined us yet, these are the kind of peoples that make this a GREAT group. So join us and come be a part of our home away from home family..........can't wait till October.

14. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    Well Brie and I are coming in Oct. Just made a reservation for Oct 7th thru the 10th for a water & electric site (north loop) not sure which one that is. Then after the rally we'll go on down to San Antonio for a couple days to see some sights.

Bear & Brie

15. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Hey Bear,

Just got off the phone with the park, looks like they have 29 slots w/water/electric. Just changed my res from last week, sure glad I checked. We're set for north loop too [:D]Can hardly wait.

16. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    Wish it was October already. Brie and I just spent 4 days at Tyler S. P. and it was nice, but it's going to get hot and thats OK as long as the AC holds out. October will be good camping weather, can't wait!!!

17. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Just saw this posting and it caught my attention. We actually have a reservation in for the end of July to Inks Lake, we use to live near Austin and loved visiting Inks. We are thinking about adding this trip to our schedule. I was just wondering how many of you have kids and ages of them? We have a 10 year old daughter and 19 month old daughter, and its nice when you go to a park and the kids or atleast one of them have someone to play with.

18. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Just made reservations for Inks Lake Oct 6th-10th on the North Loop...now shows 19 sites left. We don't want to miss this...this is one of a favorite State Parks.

19. PoleCat

PoleCat The family that camps together, stays together.

Jul 11, 2007
    We are going to be there!!!!

20. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Welcome Polecat!

There's several kids about 10ish, and for the little one, we're bring a neighbor who has two girls, 3 and 18months. The kids have all become good friends as we've been hanging out for 2 yrs now. Hope to see you there. Check out our pics of the rally we did this past February in 18 degree weather (snow) @ Tyler SP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.