Texas Rallies 2010

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by lyz, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Our son will be 12 in three weeks. We aren't going to be able to make this rally. I think we're going to hold out and see if it snows again for the next one. Anyway, our son loves seeing Phil's kids at the rallies. They're great kids. Your daughter will have a great time! Maybe we'll see you at the next rally.

2. tripleJS

tripleJS New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    We just got back from Tyler SP today. I gotta say though, it was a bit warmer this weekend than y'alls trip in Feb! :)

We can't make the Oct trip, but was wondering if the next Rally was in the works?

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I'm booked for Inks that weekend!!!! See you all there. (I'll bring a magic show for all the members if someone will coordinate it).

Phoodieman

4. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    Is everybody getting antsy? It's not long till Inks Lake so get everything checked out and ready to go. I've got to clean and repack the wheel bearings and a couple other things. We are extending the trip on to San Antonio then down to Padre Island National Sea Shore. Back up to Guadalupe River State Park for a couple days then over to the Alabama Cashata Indian Reservation for two days then up to Ratcliff Lake recreation area then on home. Figure it will take two weeks to do it and about 1200mi. Ought to be a pretty good vacation if all goes well. Look forward to seeing everyone at Inks Lake and un like Feburary, we won't need snow parka's.

5. dshen56

dshen56 New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    San Antonio
    Is it to late for me to reserve a spot at inks lake state park for the oct. rally. I was there in june but would really like to go.
    It would be my first rally.

6. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Dshen, you'll be fine making a reservation and joining the group. They're a great bunch of folks and you will have a great time.

7. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Hi everyone,

The Inks Lake Rally for Oct 8-10 is right arround the corner and we are very excited to see familar faces and new ones. Is there a count who is going to attend? Saturday potluck? We'll start off the potluck by bringing some country style pork ribs and make some cherry and apple pies at the camp fire [CP] (that was introduced to us at the Plametto rally this pass June by some fellow popup campers) we enjoyed them so much that I purchased three pie cast irons.

We will be arriving Wednesday Oct 6 and if we are getting there before everyone else we will volunteer to get the campsites for everybody the day ya'll will be coming...that means your reservation would need to be paid in full in order for us to get the campsites that morning for all of us to be together.

Hope everyone can make the rally.

Cindy K

8. bradnailer

bradnailer New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    We'd already made plans to camp down at Fredericksburg but plan on driving up to Inks one day while we are there.

9. dshen56

dshen56 New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    San Antonio
    This morning I called the TPWL to make a reservation for the rally dates in Oct. Come to find out all the water and electric sites are full.They told me to call back every couple of days to check on any cancellations.I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and do some better planing next time.

10. bradnailer

bradnailer New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Saw in the paper this morning there is a Mesquite Woodworking deal going on in Fredericksburg the weekend of the rally. If you are in to that kind of stuff, you should mosey on down.

11. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Man its been WAY TO LONG since I have logged on (1st time since July [EEK] [B)] ) . Looking soooo forward to this as we have only been camping once since June. [B)] [XX(]

Between work schedules, kids now back in school, kids sports, kids extra curricular activities, ect. there hardly seems to be any free time. BUT, we are not missing this one !

So let's get a running list for Saturday's Pot Luck Dinner:

Ron & Cindy (ckevans23): Country Style Pork Ribs
    Phil & Buffy (TX_F2): ( We will decide by this weekend and post it here on Sunday )
    Lyz & Jeff (lyz): ??
    Ike & Carmen (mechanicike): ??
    Bear & Brie (bearnbrie): ??
    Mr & Mrs Polecat: ??
    Isaac & Elena (MrWhippie): ??
    srds: ??
    Richard and Leslie (Texas_Laws): ??
    TXpopper: ??
    Les & Janice (TexasCampers): ??
    Craig & Mickey (craigtheretired): ??

Great to see some familiar names will be attending this Rally, and looking forward to meeting some new faces. Also, sorry to see that some other names from our little "camping family" missing / unable to attend. You guys will be missed. [:(]

12. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    MrsPoleCat,

We have a daughter that turned 11 in March and a son who turned 14 at the end of August who will be there.

13. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Hey Phil,

Your right, where's Yar? and what bout Hannasmom? Has anyone heard from Kim? I'm probably bring dutch oven peach cobbler. Trying to get Ike motivated to fix our inside camper lights. Has anyone thought bout some games or maybe a scavenger hunt. We're bringing a couple (Pat & Dianna)and they have two girls a 2 & 4 year old. I know Pat & Dianna will bring some meat. Can hardly wait. Might be able to get up there thurs.

14. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    Brie and I will be there Thursday afternoon so save us a spot Carman.

15. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Sorry to just now respond, we have been with internet for a while due to a company "wont say names" trying to rip us off. We still do not have internet, but did manage to finally get on here to check this out. We are looking forward to our first rally. We arent sure what to expect. As far as the pot luck goes...not sure what yet. I am not sure what most people would make, ect.. I will talk to the DH and see what he says. I am sure he will tell me..whatever I want to make. lol If someone wants to throw ideas at me I will take them :) Looking forward to this trip.

16. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    List for Saturday's Pot Luck Dinner:

Phil & Buffy (TX_F2): Beer Braised Kielbasa (The alcohol burns off in cooking, so safe for kiddos)
    Mr & Mrs Polecat: ??

If everyone can bring some plastic ware, napkins, plastic or paper cups, and plastic or paper plates there should be plenty for everyone.

I will update this list as more folks reply with what they are going to make / bring.

17. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    MrsPoleCat,

This is by no means a "you must do this", but since we already have two meat dishes, then how about making a dessert dish or a side dish ?

You know, just make whatever you want to.......................... sorry, I am a husband also. [:D]

18. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING [PU] [SUN] [CF] [CK] [WL] :)

19. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Thanks TX_F2..much help! lol Well get me down for a dessert (not sure what I will make yet) and I am thinking a side as well, either creamed corn (not canned) or green beans. Either of those 2 are easy and I know that my kiddos will eat it.

BTW.. our names are Jerry and Stephanie.. In case if any of you wanted to know.

20. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Updated 9/25/10

List for Saturday's Pot Luck Dinner:

Phil & Buffy (TX_F2): Beer Braised Kielbasa (The alcohol burns off in cooking, so safe for kiddos)
    Jerry and Stephanie (MrsPolecat): Dessert dish surprise / Side Dish

If everyone can bring some plastic ware, napkins, plastic or paper cups, and plastic or paper plates there should be plenty for everyone.

I will update this list as more folks reply with what they are going to make / bring.

Heeellloooooo ????!!!! Anybody else out there who is going to bring a dish for the Pot Luck dinner on Saturday ??

Although completely understandable, you need not be intimidated by my extraordinary, stupendous, and colossal culinary skills, so please don't let that stop you from posting what you are going to bring. [CK] [:P] [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.