Texas Rallies 2010

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by lyz, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWhippie

MrWhippie New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Greetings! Mrs Whippie here, just saying hello and checking in! We are sooo excited to do this trip again!
    Sam is now 8 and Noah is 7... Baby "Whippie" is on the way! :)
    We're still not sure what we're bringing as our main dish, but I'm making the bacon wrapped grilled jalapenos for sure as a side.

See y'all soon, be blessed and drive safely!

2. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    FX_2, put Brie and I down for Pot Roast with the taters, carrots, onions, ect.
    Thanks
    Bear

3. MrsWhippie

MrsWhippie New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Hello again...
    Isaac decided on hot wings for our main dish... Maybe a dessert too...

4. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Hi ya'll,

It's a week away and can't wait for the camping trip. I have been checking the Inks Lake weather and it looks to be great...nice and cool. I'm thinking maybe during the get together everyone can throw some ideas where the next rally will be for 2011.

See ya'll soon

Cindy K

5. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Great to hear from you and Issac again. [8D]

I guess since "Baby Whippie" is on the way.......... I don't have to ask what you guys have been up to. [;)] [:O] [LOL]
    Congrats ! [A] It's good thing you have that big PUP with all that space, because you're going to need the room. [:P]

I have updated the Poy Luck list with your dishes. See you guys in less than 2 weeks ! [SUN]

6. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Gotchya down on the Pot Luck list Bear. [CK]

Glad to see you and Brie could make it. I think this Rally is going to be just bit warmer than the Tyler one huh ? [;)]

7. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Can't wait for this one Cindy, I wish I could leave NOW. lol

Sounds like a great idea to discuss the next Rally also. [A]

8. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Hey gang, I have some great news...popupsteve has createdand ordered a banner with the Texas flag and the United States flag for our rally and future Texas ralliesalong with some door prizes he will be shipping to me to bring to the rally...A big thanks Steve. Does anyone have some ideas to give away the door prizes...maybe games, door prize tickets, etc. Will take group pictures with the banner to post on the portal.

We are very excited...we haven't been camping since the June rally.

See ya'll soon!

9. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    I hope so. Don't get me wrong, I like cool weather, but 8" snow is a little to much for a camping trip unless were going to Glacier National Park . LOL If it wasn't for Ed & Dana's [CP] us and the raccoons would have froze.

10. wardog

wardog Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Texas
    We are not able to make this rally. We are camping the following weekend in Oklahoma and can't do both. Sorry guys, hope to see you next time.

11. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    Since it's October let's bring a few Halloween decorations for the PUP's [:>(] [NEON] [:>(] [PU] [:>(]

12. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas

That sounds good bearnbrie...I'll have to DIG UP some decorations. Hey, thats a good idea for one of the door prizes...the best decorated Halloween popup...thanks bearnbrie.

13. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry we'll miss you guys for this one, but hope to see you all at the next one also.

14. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Sounds like fun !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Since we can't make this rally either -too far for us with Trent in school- please let us know when and where the next rally will be. We are planning to camp in two weeks close to home, but plan to be in Palo Duro Canyon SP for Thanksgiving beginning the weekend before the big holiday. You guys have a great rally. We'll be thinking of you. Last fall when we camped at Inks Lake we got a camper full of bees. I hope they aren't as bad this year! Have fun!

16. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Lori, we'll let you know about the next Rally for sure. Hope you Steve and Trent have a great time camping during Thanksgiving ! We will be camping for Thanksgiving also at Goose Island SP ourselves.

17. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Just a reminder for everyone, we will have various Door Prizes at the Rally on Saturday nights get together.

Also don't forget to bring some Halloween decorations, as there will be a Door Prize given away for the best decorated campsite !

And for those of you with kids, we have some cool Halloween themed arts & crafts activities for all ages planned for them on Saturday. And that's in addition to a Door Prize for only the kiddos. There will also be things like soccer ball, football, plastic horse shoes, frisbees, plastic Jai alai, badminton, volleyball, and more.

We'll see you all there in just a few days. :)

18. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    The count down- 3 more days for the Texas Inks Lake Rally with beautiful weather [SUN], old and new friends [CP], and fun things for all...we are very excited about this rally. [:D]

We will be bringing the ladder and washer game for those wish to play...I have no idea how to play the washer game!

Be safe and we will see ya'll in a few days!

19. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Wishing they would close school here and the IRS would extend the tax deadline one more month so I could join you all. I'm so wishing I could be there. [:(] These rallies just get better and better every time! [:D] Have fun and eat a smore for me. What perfect campfire weather and the wood won't be wet with snow this time!! [LOL]

20. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    We are looking forward to this weekend. The weather looks as though it is going to be nice. I am sitting down making my grocery/packing list for the weekend. Too bad we won't be winning the door prize contest for the halloween decorations...we dont own any. :( Ohh well...We could always have a chance at another one.

We are hoping to leave the Houston area around noon on Friday, but that all depends on the Dh's job, as an employee quit today. YIKES! I am already planning on taking my daughter out of school early, which she is excited about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.