Texas Rallies 2010

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by lyz, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    If you guys can't leave until later on in the day due to your husbands job and you get there after dark, we can give you guys a hand setting up if needed. We will have a white 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab parked at our site. We always keep an eye out for folks arriving anyway, in case they need a hand.

2. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

Apr 13, 2008
    Garland, TX
    Sure wish we could be there this weekend. Dana had surgery a few months ago and was out from work for 4 weeks. When she finally got back she had to do 10 days straight and is unable to take any more time off. We will be thinking of all of the old family and wishing we could meet the new additions. You all have a good time, take lots of pictures and make sure to post them.

Ed

3. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Sorry to hear about Dana's surgery...glad to hear she is doing well. We'll miss you guys for this one, but hope to see y'all at the next one.

Cindy K

4. MrWhippie

MrWhippie New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    So last time the first arrivers were able to gather all the paid reservations the morning of Friday in an attempt to group us together. We are paid thurs through sat but will not arrive till Friday about 10am. Who are the early arrivers and could you maybe email or list a cell phone # so we can all coordinate upon arrival at at the park?

5. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    We'll be there Thurs. afternoon sometime around 3:00pm, not sure who else will be there Thurs.

Bear&Brie

(Phone number was removed by Moderator)

6. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas

Sorry, should have posted this sooner but have been working the Graveyard shift at work lately and mostly sleepy. lol

We will be there sometime tomorrow (Thursday), so for all you folks that are Paid In Full already and coming in on Friday, if you want us to grab a site for you, you can give me a call at:

Also, Bear & Brie listed their phone number as well and they will also be there tomorrow. So if you can't get a hold of us, you can call them or vice versa.

See everyone there, and a safe trip to all !!!!! :)

7. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Ed, sorry you and Dana won't be there for this one. Glad she is doing better now though. [A]

We'll keep you guys updated about any info on future Rally dates and locations that are discussed at this Rally.

8. MrWhippie

MrWhippie New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Thanks Phil (and Bear and Bre, too!),

I texted you my reservation info just now so you can grab our site today. It is like 4 am so I hope my text "ping" didn't wake you. I am in desperate need for a vacation and am pretty excited about the trip. I have much to prepare today!!!

Isaac

I can also be reached by cell 817 925 six one five one.

9. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    For those of you still coming , make sure when you check in that you tell them you want to get a site in the NORTH LOOP. That is where we all are.

10. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Have a great time Texas! Take lots of pictures. [CAM]

11. PoleCat

PoleCat The family that camps together, stays together.

Jul 11, 2007
    Steff and I had a great time last night meeting all the others here at the rally. Everyone was just as nice as could be. We all stayed up late making pies. We all turned in around midnight. A little cool last night, but it was nice and quiet. At the moment we are sitting outside getting ready to eat breakfast. It's a beautiful place and we are looking forward to this afternoons activities.

12. MrsWhippie

MrsWhippie New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    So nice to see everyone old and meet everyone new! We had a great time! My compliments to Buffy/Phil and Cindy/Ron for coordinating such a successful trip. Looking forward to hearing from y'all in the upcoming months! As far as I'm concerned....it's camping weather!

Take care,
    Elena

13. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    We are back home and unpacked. I can not express how much of a great time we had, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU !!

This was such a great Rally. Getting to see old friends again, and making new ones. Glad you could join us for this one Jerry, Stephanie (hope I spelled that right), Kaitlyn, and Ashley ! (PoleCat & MrsPoleCat). :)

It was also great to meet Pat and his family, we hope you'll be able to make the next one also. [8D]

And congrats to Issac and Elena (MrWhippie & MrsWhippie) on expecting a new addition to their family. Sam and Noah are going to be big brothers soon. [:D]

We also missed a lot of our friends at this one [:(] Hopefully they will be able to make the upcoming Rally dates. Glen & Kim, you were with us in spirit and are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Be sure to check out the Photo Album Thread in the 2010 Texas Rally section for pics of this Rally. The weather was perfect the whole time, food great, and the company even better.

There was a lot of great ideas and input given for future Rallies, remember, these are OUR RALLIES, all of ours, so lets keep that input and those ideas flowing. No idea or suggestion is stupid, the main thing we need to do is keep communicating those ideas with each other as a group so that we can make these Rallies fun for everyone.

If you have any questions about anything we discussed at the Rally, PM me here and I will answer you as soon as possible.

Please go to Planned 2011 Texas Rallies http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=41392.0 so we can start planning for next year !!

14. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    We had such a GREAT time at the rally seeing old friends and meeting new friends. We stayed an extra day...little breezier than the days before but was a beautiful day.

The kids really had fun painting and decorating there pumpkins, coloring pictures, and getting door prizes.

Really enjoyed the MEET and GREET at the fire ring [CP] on Friday night and welcomed old friends and new friends. It was very relaxing just getting to know one another and alot of laughter...that's what it's all about fun, friends, and family.

Saturday potluck sharing delicious food and spending time with great friends.

Uploading the pics to the webshots for everyone to take a look...just click on the purple camera.

I will be creating the list we talked about with everyone infomation...I will PM everyone with the list and update it as needed.
    Also, you can add buddies in your profile for easy access to PM members.

15. RonBaby

RonBaby New Member

May 10, 2008
    Jourdanton, TX
    Wow, what a great trip. What can I say, one of our best. Always love Inks lake in October. The weather was great as usual and the company even better. Had alot of fun Kayaking on the lake as well. The food was great Saturday night and as usual more than enough for everyone. Phil & Buffy, might as well start saving now for that kayak. I think Sean is hooked. Thanks to Issac for the left over Minnows. Caught a 3.5lb freshwater drum the last day. See the pics on Cindy's camera. Mike and Lucy ended up scarffing that sucker down. Nice to see the new faces as well as the old. I almost couldn't get Cindy out of that place. Staying an extra day was nice but it never seems like we get to stay long enough. Can't wait for the next trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.