Texas - The Lone Star Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by JoeCamper, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeCamper

JoeCamper Eastern, Pennsylvania

Jun 24, 2006
    Eastern Pennsylvania

[USA] Palmetto State Park, Texas [CAN]
    June 18-20, 2010 (Father's Day 6/20)
    We couldn't have an Inter-National Rally with Texas. You can come for the weekend, stay a few days late or stay for the whole week. There is so much or so little to do.

Rally Coordinators - Lyz and TBD

Street Address: 78 Park Road 11 South, Gonzales, TX 78629
    Campground Information: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/palmetto/
    Reservations Numbers: (512) 389-8900 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Mon thru Fri
    Online Reservations: http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?subTabIndex=0&contractCode=tx&parkCode=palm

Only 16 camp sites still available.

This is a small park where you can tube the San Marcos river nearby
    or drive a little ways to the Schlitterbaun Water Park. http://www.schlitterbahn.com/

[​IMG]

2. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I haven't camped here, but I drove through late in December 2009 and this looks like a great place to park. I'm putting in my reservations. How do you signal another camper that you are portal member?

phoodieman

3. JoeCamper

JoeCamper Eastern, Pennsylvania

Jun 24, 2006
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Lyz has booked.

4. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    We usually put a sign at the front of the site. You can make your own or buy one from the Portal. Joe (JoeCamper) will probably be able to give you the link on where to purchase the Portal items.

5. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    I would love to go to this but we are going on a family trip to AZ and then from there a side trip for the wife and I to Vegas during the first week of July........ so no camping for us that close to the trip. [:(]

6. hannahsmom

hannahsmom New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Texas
    At this time we would LOVE to reserve a site but....until we know more on Glen I dont thnk its wise....oh how I wish!!!

7. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Talked to the DW today and she said we are going, so I made reservations today. : )

And we will be praying for Glen.

8. mgwerks

mgwerks New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    I'll have to se if I can squeeze this in - it sounds like a lot of fun! I enjoyed last year's fall trip a great deal.

9. wardog

wardog Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Texas
    We are hoping to go to this one as well. I showed DH the website last night and it looks like a nice place.

10. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Count us in...just pd in full.

11. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    I'm so torn! [:(] I want to camp, but also need to spend Father's day with my Dad. I'll just have to see what we're going to have scheduled this summer. I definitely want to go back to Branson and Trent will be in Boy Scouts so there's camp for that and several church camps to go this year too. We may already have a full summer. Looking forword to seeing many of you in February at Tyler SP!

12. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    :-( I hate to miss it, but we already have reservations for a family reunion camping trip at Inks Lake that weekend.

13. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Ike & I will try to make it, but might have to leave early sunday to spend Father's day with my dad & Ike with his kids. Sounds like fun!!!

14. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX
    WOW! I forgot about this thread! So, Cindy and Ron have booked. We are booked. Phil, did I read that right and you're booked?

I know we're spending that Saturday at Schlitterbaun. Woo hoo! :)

15. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Yup, we are booked. [8D]

Looks like mgwerks and Ike & Carmen (mechanicike) might make it also. [A]

16. wardog

wardog Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Texas
    I am hoping to make it but still waiting to book. A friend I haven't seen in 20 years is coming to town that week and we don't know exactly when yet. I want to be able to spend a day or two with her. So I am just waiting on her confirmation.

17. hannahsmom

hannahsmom New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Texas
    Just an update....Glen started back on chemo this week. Dr says liver is infected with cancer also and parts of the lungs. We both looked at the calender and are going to try and make this trip. I see there are sites so will book this week. Lets keep fingers crossed and say tons of prayers!! Now...are we still welcome? We don't have the pup anymore but always will in our hearts.
    Phil...hes wanting to show you how to fish so that's his push [;)]
    He has a great new walker and I was nice and connected the breaks [A] The grands have him "toys" for his basket and with all this said, please know....HE HATES THE IDEA OF A WALKER!! He has fallen so much and fell this wk at Dr office....not to count off daughters roof....DONT ASK!!! And ppl wonder why I'm gray!!

18. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX
    I gotta ask.......the roof?????

19. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Just booked Friday through Monday!!

Phoodieman

20. hannahsmom

hannahsmom New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Texas
    Yes Lyz....the roof!!! Dang hardheaded man!!! He was helping son in law put metal roof on kids house and yep...fell. He has no balance and thinks hes fine..... Know the best brands of hair color???? I'm in need!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.