Texas - The Lone Star Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by JoeCamper, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Gotta love Glen's will to fight this cancer. I'm not a bit surprised he got up on that roof to lend a hand. He's not lacking in determination and resolve and he's not going to take it lying down.

Wish I could be with you guys for this rally. Gonna miss it. Steve and Trent will be leaving on the 20th for a week of Boy Scout Camp out at Bear Creek Scout Reservation in the Hill County. I've tried to talk them into parking me and the pup at Garner SP, Guadalupe River SP or Lost Maples SP for the week, but to no avail.

2. hannahsmom

hannahsmom New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Texas
    An update... [:!] Well we are at a point that we never wanted. The Dr has given Glen 2 1/2 yrs of chemo and a hand full of different kinds. With big-o-crock tears, Hospice has been called in, stat. We were on our way home from Dr and they called my cell. We haven't had time to process this yet and it broke my heart even more to get that call. Glen said maybe meet with them next week....Yes, I know the cancer is all over but this doesn't happen to us...just to others. Right? It is totally in God's hands now.
    Another sad thing...Glen bought a new truck last week...just got it today. Well new to us. He said he wanted a bigger truck for the bigger trailer to pull for years to come.
    We run a cancer support group here and I am always helping people thru this time and stage. But now what do I do?
    Buffy....hugs so you my friend. You always text at the right times and you know me more than you know!!! Lyz...nope, I'm not even 48 yet and...wow...this just sucks!!
    Pray...

3. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    Just made a reservation for the Rally. Used the new Texas Park System, worked great. We will be arriving on the 17th.

4. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    Which area of the park are people planning on staying. We will be arriving on Thursday so we should be able to get a spot in that area. Looking forward to meeting other Texas PUP members.
    Bob and Mary

5. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Bob & Mary,

Palmetto State Park is one of the smaller state parks in TX, there is only one camping loop ( Site # 1 - 19 ) that has Water & Electric hook ups. This will be our 4th Pop Up Rally that we have been to so far and every time the Rally folks stayed in the Water & Electric sites, so just pick your favorite site in the loop and you will be with everyone else.

So far it looks like there will be at least 6 pop up campers there for the Rally, possibly more. [A]

We will be arriving Friday night, looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing some familiar faces from previous Rallies. [8D]

6. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    We are excited about the rally, seeing everyone and meeting new friends...we will be arriving sometime before 12n on Friday.

7. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Hey Cindy, it will be great to see you and Ron again ! :) Hope you guys are doing well and we'll see you next month.

8. Cajun Girl

Cajun Girl New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Beautiful park..But please watch out for snakes...had alot last summer

9. wardog

wardog Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Texas
    We will not be able to make this rally [:(]. We will be leaving the following weekend for Henderson Beach SP in Destin. Hope ya'll have a great time.

10. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Hey Phil, will be great to see you, Buffy and the kiddos as well. We are doing great and just working alot...next month can't come any quicker...need some relaxation and fun!!!

11. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry you can't make this one, hopefully we'll see you guys at the Rally in Oct. at Inks Lake State Park.

So are you guys taking the popup to FL..........................or are you all going to rough it in your brother's ride ? [LOL]

12. wardog

wardog Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Texas

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] We are taking our little pup with us to Florida. I wouldn't have it any other way. My DH might would have liked using the RV but not me.

13. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Phil, I sure hope that oil stays offshore and doesn't mess up your trip down there. I hear there's lots of cancellations down that way. That could be a plus with less of a crowd. Have a safe trip. We just camped at Ratcliff Lake near Crockett for Memorial Day and hope to go somewhere for July 4th. But without reservations yet, I'm finding it hard to find a spot to camp, of course. Steve only has the weekend, but I have 3 days. [:D]

14. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Lori,

I wish it was us who went to FL, but that was Janice who went. [;)]

We went to Lost Maples State Natural Area in Vanderpool up in the Hill Country for Memorial Day weekend. For June we will be back at Palmetto SP for the International Rally.

In July the PUP will be in the garage. [:(] We are driving out to AZ to visit my family, so for the 4th Of July we'll be at Lake Powell AZ, we're also going to be taking the kids to see the Grand Canyon, while the kiddos are with grandma the wife and I are taking a side trip to Vegas for a few days, then it's on to Flagstaff, AZ to visit my brother, and on the way home we're stopping off in Las Cruces, NM to visit one of my daughters friends that used to live here.

We MIGHT get in a camping trip toward the end of July but not sure yet. Can't remember where we have reservations for Aug. lol

15. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    That's what I get for reading posts while at work. I get in a hurry so I don't get caught. [:D] Can't help it though...I love to camp! Have a save trip to AZ (say hello to their govenor for me [;)]) & NV and stay safe.

16. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Hello everybody,

One more week for the "Palmetto SP Rally"...is there a list of all who is going to the rally? Pot luck? We will be arriving on the 18th before or around noon. We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

17. PoleCat

PoleCat The family that camps together, stays together.

Jul 11, 2007
    Well just tried to get my tribe in for the rally, but its all booked up.. Anyone who cant make it, let me know.. I will take your spot.. [;)]

18. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    The San Marcos river next to Palmetto had a minor flood last week. My sister in laws sister was there this past weekend on a day trip and she says everything there is OK. She said the river was pretty roiled up, but I think by this coming weekend it should settle down. She was telling me that they have paddle boats on some of the smaller lakes around the site now. She had a good time, so I'm jazzed about getting down there this weekend. I'm taking my rig to work Friday and blasting out of there as early as they will let me. I'm about an hour away so I'll have plenty of time to set up. My AC is working good and I'm ready to get away from the Austin scene for a few days. Let's camp....!!!!!

Phoodieman

19. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Phoodieman, thanks for the update info. Can't wait for the wknd for some fun and relaxation. Everyone have a safe trip and we will see ya'll on Friday.

20. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    We are heading out to the park this afternoon. Will be there to greet all of you tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.