Texas - The Lone Star Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by JoeCamper, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Leaving for work now (working the night shift at the PD) and get off at 7am tomorrow morning. The wife took a half day off tomorrow so we should be heading out sometime around noon and hopefully arriving there about 3pm.

See you guys tomorrow, and drive safe. [8D]

2. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    Well made it home safely. Had a great weekend. Nice to meet 4 other PUP members and their wonderful families.
    Bob & Mary

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    This was my first experience with portal members and I have to say not only did I like to camp with these people, I would PREFER it. Thanks Ron and Cyndi for bringing me into the fold. Bob...you are a card. Phil and Bart......you have a hand full.....how do you do it? I raised two and they still tell me about how they loved our tent camping days. I would recommend Palmetto State Park to anyone. Even with the hot temps it was a beautiful place. Hope to see any of you guys again.......

Phoodieman aka Chris

...and Cyndi said ....Are you poodleman? I had to laugh inside.....I don't even like poodles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    We had a great time, nice to see some familiar faces and to meet some new ones. [8D]

Had a surprise in meeting Bart & Amy (who should be signing up to the Portal) by finding out they only live a few miles away from us, that we know the same people, and that their son is in the same track league as our daughter. Oh, and they introduced us all to campfire pie's....mmmmmmmm. [:)O]

Also enjoyed meeting Bob & Mary and getting to see some of Bob's pup mods, they were pretty cool. [A]

It was good seeing Ron & Cindy again, and of course Ron made his Dutch oven magic as usual. [:D]

And we got to meet Chris at the get together over at Ron & Cindy's also, so a nice little turn out for the weekend.

On Friday night we took a drive to Lockhart (Barbecue Capital of Texas) for dinner at Black's Barbecue:

http://www.blacksbbq.com

It is the oldest BBQ joint continuously owned by the same family in TX (Since 1932). The family doesn't just still own it, they still work at it, two of the family members were serving the food. The food was AWESOME and the sweet tea perfect.

Saturday was a trip to Camper World in New Braunfels for Dad, and then to the Tanger Outlet Mall for Mom. lol
    Then Saturday night was a great get together at Ron & Cindy's campsite (Cindy better post some pics!). As usual Sunday came to fast and it was time to pack down and leave. [:(]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Well, we made it home safe and sound...but tired. We had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

We enjoyed seeing Phil, Buffy, and the kiddos again...and yes Phil, I remembered and made reservations for Inks Lake for Oct 6th-10th...and we are looking forward to boondocking...we'll have to throw out some dates to plan it.[:D]

We enjoyed meeting Bob, Mary, Granddaughter, and Cooper (4 legged child). Glad you were able to fix your water sink problem.

We also enjoyed meeting Chris (poodleman)!! [:D]

Also, enjoyed meeting fellow Popup campers Bart, Amy, and the kiddos who are not yet members to the Portal and will be (I hope). They made some delicious homemade cherry and apple pies [:)O] using a cast iron pie maker at the campfire Saturday night get together...I loved them so much had to order a couple of them and I even found some delicious recipies. Mighty nice of them to introduce it to all of us.

We just loved Palmetto St Park so much that I had to book again for Labor Day wknd and if any one wants to join us, please do so...there are 12 sites left according to the online reservations.

We had a great time and some great ideas from everyone to make some mods or add to our popup.

Hope to see everyone at the Inks Lake Rally in October.

Uploaded some pics...just click on the purple camera to take a looksie .

6. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ron and Cindy, thank you for the great pics. It was a good time and we hope to be at more PUP events in the future.
    Bob and Mary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.