The Day Has Arrived!!! (Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Beerlifter, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

Where: Belle Starr Campground, Lake Eufaula

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dates: April 6 thru ?

Sites we're shooting for: C-33 thru C-50

Link to Recreation.gov for reservations: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Belle_Starr/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73079&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

These sites are available for reservation NOW!

Belle Star Campground is located at Eufaula Lake on the Canadian River. With over 600 miles of shoreline and 102,000 surface acres, Eufaula offers a variety of recreational opportunities for everyone. The shoreline ranges from vast expanses of sandy beaches to rocky bluffs. Boaters travelling through the Standing Rock area can admire the beauty. Eufaula Lake has long been recognized for its outstanding fishery. Crappie, sand bass, catfish and black bass in the lake reach record size. Robber's Cave State Park and two state parks located on Eufaula Lake offer a variety of recreational experiences, including golf courses, swimming pools, and hiking trails. Visitors in the fall will be treated to a collage of colors as the surrounding hills provide unparalleled beauty of fall foliage. Pets must be leashed.
    Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance. The campground offers 68 campsites for $16-$18/night. The campground is open 1 Apr-31 Oct with check-in time at 6pm and check-out time at 4pm. Two picnic shelters are available from 8am-9pm at $50/day. For more information, please call (918)799-5843.

Directions: North of Eufaula, OK. Take Hwy 69 and exit at Hwy 150 (Texanna Road). Travel east for 2 miles, then south for 2 miles. Follow signs into the campground.

This year, as in years pass, I have a fun little game for all that attend to play. The sooner you make your reservations the bigger your chance is to win a better prize. I will be keeping the "Easter Holiday" spirit in mind! Past attendees, don't sweat it!!!!!!

Reservations made:

ScouterWife......C-42
    OlGuy..............C-50
    Beerlifter..........C-47
    CompuCamper..C-46
    NittyGritty........C-40
    Tekboy46.........C-45
    CNoStars..........C-43

Warning: Some post have been removed due to the rally thread being moved and a location all ready being picked (Sorry about that!)

2. krruser

krruser New Member

May 2, 2011
    Re: Who's up for another Okie Rally?

I'm a newbie. Just got my first popup camper last year. It's a 2005 Fleetwood Victory and have had it out about 4 times. Really enjoy it so far. I'm from Oklahoma City and would be interested in knowing more about the meet-up. Thanks!

3. pawpawhead63

pawpawhead63 New Member

Jun 10, 2011

David & Eileen 2008 haycocks baja
    We would love to go. We love bevers bend but are open too where ever! Teehee let's go camping

4. moneeleann

moneeleann New Member

Sep 25, 2010

Woud LOVE to come, depends on the dates... Spring break, I will be busy birthing #5 :).

Before then, you might not want to be around me, I'm pretty darn grumpy, lol. Anytime after, we're a go!

5. dvenable

dvenable New Member

Mar 17, 2011

Mark one more vote for a North Texan, we'd love to go.

6. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Kansas

Depending on the dates, a Kansan may want to come.

7. CNoStars

CNoStars New Member

Sep 16, 2011

Would also be interested in attending....1st time noob here. Should have camper ready to go by Spring. Live in NoCentral OK.

8. bobbytoyboy

bobbytoyboy New Member

Apr 14, 2007

where and when

9. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

You bet I'll be there. I'm open to where and when. And wow Steve, what a response. [:D]

I will be going to the Boat, Sport and Travel Show here in Tulsa this Sat. and be looking at some RVs.

10. LauraLieTx

LauraLieTx Member

May 9, 2011

We might be able to make it hopefully!! It would be our 1st Rally, we love camping in OK!! Most of all Chickasaw park!! Will try to watch for new updates on where and when [CP]

11. rbnew

rbnew New Member

Sep 10, 2010

Oh! This sounds great. I love Chickasaw - IF I make a reservation first. Just waiting to know when and where.

12. jpetrey

jpetrey New Member

Jun 29, 2011

Sounds good to us..thanks for setting this up

13. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City

Excellent call, Steve.

We've got C-42 reserved...Margarita machine will be there!!

14. OlGuy

OlGuy Our first tent trailer!

May 3, 2009
    S/E Oklahoma

Hey Steve,

I haven’t been on the forum for about a year or so. I got an e-mail about this spring rally and it looks like it may work for us this year.

I do have a question for y’all; is there anyone in the group that is dependant on a handicap site? Site C-50 is the only H/C site in the group of sites you listed. I don’t want to reserve it if someone is in more need than I am. I am mobile but if I need to walk any distance, I use an electric scooter, no big deal.

Also will C-50 be too removed from the group? I’m going to try to get up there tomorrow or Monday, for sure, and check out the layout and look around Belle Starr, as we only live about 35 miles away, but never been.

Thanks for all the work you do, Steve, to put this all together. We’re looking forward to meeting all of you; it should be a great time!

Ron & Linda Hill

15. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

To my knowledge we have have no one that NEEDS it, so take it!!

I was looking a C-47 myself so that wouldn't be that far from us if we were to actually get it. Hope to get it booked tomorrow. Had planned to do it today but just got back from Ft. Worth delivering a pop up to another member to use as parts and now I'm tired and ready for bed!!!

If we get 5 people booked we get listed as an actual rally so lets go folks. There is a chance to win a hundred bucks (or something like that, I didn't read the "official rules") if we get listed and everyone attends!!!

16. westhoff79

westhoff79 New Member

May 2, 2010

I will have the wife look at what her schedule is, we shall see about being there! Pretty sure the kid will be stoked and I will be happy to sit back and watch him tear things up. [LOL]

Now I just need to finish my motorbike carrier.....

17. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

Steve, you had to pick Easter weekend. I'll see if can work this out going this weekend.

18. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

WOW! I didn't even realize that. I hope that doesn't pose a problem.........sorry [:(]

19. OlGuy

May 3, 2009
    S/E Oklahoma

Ok, Put us on the list. Site C-50 is ours. I just reserved it. I guess I need to start checking out the pop-up and getting it ready. Allready looking forward to it and so is "Sandy the Noble Hound"

See y'all up there!

20. OlGuy

May 3, 2009
    S/E Oklahoma

I did notice it was Easter but thought you did that because a lot of people would have the weekend off. We just figured we would go to our church service in the morning and be back for lunch. There are a number of churches in Eufaula (5-10 miles away) and a bunch of churches, if you want to travel to McAlester, about 35 miles away, (where we are from) and if you would like to join us at Lakewood Christian Church, your all welcome.

I'm hoping that the date doesn't change, this is one of the few times we would be able to attend, this time of year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.