The Day Has Arrived!!! (Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Beerlifter, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Re: Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally

That's too bad Melanie, now I'm not gonna get to see my little fur babies!!! Oh, and you and Albert too! Gonna miss talking about truck drivers with Albert [:D]

Keep working on it maybe you can come up with some kind of fix.

On a different note........Got the new TV saturday morning and went and picked up the camper from a friends house. Tows OK just not as well as the RED one did. Think it has different rear end gears. Towed it home from Jones, Ok. with the strong winds we had Sunday. We were getting blown all over the road but she held her own pretty well.

Just a couple of weeks till the rally. Hope all this rain is gone before then. With the amounts we are suppose to get hopefully the lake levels will come up!!

2. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma

Jones? Yall shoulda stopped by! What kind of new TV did you get?

3. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

Mar 19, 2012

Boy! I am new at this. I posted this reply on an old thread. I hope this is a newer and better thread to add it to. I saw the rally is at a ReserveUSA campground. We will not be able to come, but I do have a ? for you all. (Yes, I'm not originally from OK.) Does anyone know of the website where one can reserve "OK State Park" campsites. I know about the Corps O.E. Federal website, ReserveAmerica. It is handy, and I now have the app, but we also enjoy OK wonderful State Parks and having a site reserved is so nice especially with young children. They get impatient when looking for a good site. Thanks in advance. I hope it is OK that this ? was a bit off topic.

4. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Except groups all I have been to have been first come first served.

5. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Oklahoma is just now catching up with all the other states. As of last year (If I remember correctly) some of our SP and other campgrounds became reserveable. The number of parks keeps increasing year by year.

I don't know of a site that is just for Oklahoma.

6. CNoStars

CNoStars New Member

Sep 16, 2011

Still trying to solidify plans....does anyone know if Site 48 is * too * close to the shower facilities (you know, alot of traffic, etc.) Seems like a decent central location, view of lake.

Trying to make sure I've got a good TV for trailer (she got the mine, I got the shaft kinda thing). [;)]

Should know by this weekend...

Thanks all...

7. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Our group has most of the line leading to the showers booked up. I took a look at #48 and it is a site that I wouldn't choose because of what you said.......too close to the showers/bathrooms.

Site 43 and 44 are still open and right in the middle of our group. I think either of those two would be nice. Site 48 will give you traffic from EVERYONE in that section of the campground at all hours of the day and night. Once again this is just my [2C] .

We hope to see you there!!! Only two more weeks to go!!!!!

8. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

12 more days to go

9. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City

I hope i don't jinx it but I sure hope we get a weekend like this one!! [SUN] If there hadn't been hockey games all weekend we would have been camping!

10. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

I agree on the weather. This last weekend the weather was too nice, the DW had me out doing yard work all day Sunday and I had to work Saturday!!

I have noticed that there hasn't been any post in the Pot Luck thread, are we going to have one or do we want to skip it this year and just FFY (term my DW uses all the time FFY= Fiend For Yourselves). Makes me no difference either way.

11. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City

We're definitely up for a pot luck!! I'll be packing the Margarita Machine. [:D]

12. CNoStars

CNoStars New Member

Sep 16, 2011

OK...signed up...Site 43 for Fri-Sun. Time to practice those backing skills...wait, it's a pull-through! Saved from embarrassment one more time :)

See y'all then!!

13. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

Oh yes, definitely potluck. It just would not be a rally w/o the potluck. :)
    I also hoping for great weather that weekend.

I am looking forward to this rally because I have not may to one since the Canton Lake Rally.
    Also see the new trailers that some of you gotting this year.

14. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Awesome CNoStars!! Only 9 more days till the rally!! Can't wait to see everyone!

15. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma

A heckuva time to save a buck
    A rally ain't done without a pot luck
    Pots of iron full of good things I see
    There's really enough there for you and me

So break out the taters 'n' meat 'n' stuff
    Just to make sure that there'll be enough
    Pull up the lawn chairs and you will see
    Beerlifter, Laura, Gorgeous and Me!

There's so much fun at an Okie Rally
    Bring Bob and Ed... even Aunt Sally
    A new definition of the meaning of fun
    Good times to be had in the Okie sun!

16. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Well then Pop Luck it is. I'm guessing we will have it Saturday nite. We are thinking of maybe a Dutch Oven meatloaf of maybe trying out the oven in the NTU Jayco and making some chicken enchiladas. What do you guys plan to bring?

17. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma

Gorgeous says we'll be making a D.O. main dish, but she's still thinking about exactly what to make, so we're up in the air. She did say that she was thinking of D.O. chicken enchiladas but if you're doing them in the Jayco we'd go a different direction. If you guys make an executive decision on that let me know... or we can just go stress-free and just make a bunch of stuff and not worry about it lol [:D] We'll do a dessert in the new smaller D.O. and I also have no idea what it will be right now lol.

18. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma

The margarita machine is legendary. If you are still on the fence about coming to the Rally anyone, you must come if for nothing else than to see and partake of the legendary margarita machines product [;)]

19. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Phil, tell "Gorgeous" to go ahead with the enchiladas. I leaning more towards my lasagna now. To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do until I go grocery shopping. I might even do a meatloaf also. Anthony usually makes a cobbler also so we should be set for desserts (correct me if I'm wrong Anthony!). If I don't do the meatloaf and lasagna and only do one or the other I will have Laura do up her cream cheese corn as a side dish.

20. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

Most likely will be cobbler.

All this talk about DO cooking is making me hungry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.