The Day Has Arrived!!! (Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Beerlifter, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally

Anthony, what flavor of cobbler are you thinking about? I was thinking peach but I can do a pineapple upside down cake in my DO as well. Sandy was thinking about doing cheesy potatoes.

2. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Re: Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally

A couple of my highschool buddies live in Jones. I'm actually there about once a month.

Here is a picture of the new TV:

[​IMG]

3. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

I've got the Easter Eggs ready for the "Finders Traders" game done

[​IMG]

All the prizes are ready to be given away just waiting on Friday morning to arrive so we can hit the road!!!

4. CNoStars

CNoStars New Member

Sep 16, 2011

Pot-Luck ... I'll be lucky to remember to bring a pot [;)]. Would it be OK to bring some pre-packaged side dishes (potato salad, lettuce salad, macaroni salad, etc.)? Not sure of culinary skills on camper stove, and don't have a decent compliment of cooking pans for camper, yet. I can heat beans real well. Usually just eat out of the ice chest! LMK...

Gonna pop-up the camper today and check everything (pack...re-pack...forget item, un-pack and repack again). Part of the fun for me is preparing... [:D]

Less than a week....woohoo!

5. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Anything is fine or nothing at all what ever you feel like doing. I'm sure there will be plenty to go around (potato salad or cole slaw does sound tasty tho!!!).

I'm soooooo ready to be there!!! 4 more days and I'm on the road..wooohooo!!

6. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

It will be Peach Cobbler.

I check out the trailer this weekend and its almost ready to go camping next weekend.

7. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma

Potluck is always a must have at the rally! [CP]We will be making the Rattlesnake Beans, Tabitha will be attending and she will not let me get out of it. I also have possibly 2 more families attending but not sure about their participation in the festivities of the rally. I may at least talk them into bringing a dish for potluck if they want to try and get involved for the future rallies. We'll see. I directed them here but haven't seen them around yet. One family is a young family and fairly new to RVing and the other is a father and son that need some time together. I am looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! [Vo]

8. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Sounds great Angie, can't wait to see you guys again. I'm sure Johnathon has some great fishing stories from your previous trips this year.

I will try to be respectable in front of your friends but you know how hard that is for me [LOL]

9. jerryt909

jerryt909 New Member

Dec 27, 2011

[PU] [8D]

good morning
    sorry i have been tied up with medicl stuff but i and my78 ramada stateside along with bandit the wonder dog will be there with can in hand or depending who the designated drunk is the dogs somewhat of a lush.

thanks for the info this will be the margaret emmas first long distance outing looking forward to it.

Jerry w. Thomas

10. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma

Wow things change fast. We had to buy a Ford didn't we. My hubby is a Chevy man, and our new tow vehicle had a wrench that kept coming up on the screen every time we shut the engine off and turned it back on it would go away for a bit. We took it back to Diffee in El Reno and they are keeping it for an extended stay and now we will not be attending. I am sad we will miss you all again another rally. :(

11. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Man, oh, man! Sorry to hear that. I guess you guys aren't willing to use the Hummer to tow with cuz we would really love to have you guys there.

Jerry909: Have you reserved a spot yet? I would like to know which one so I can hide your egg on it and get it posted up on the thread.

One more day of work then it's load up, sleep and then skidaddle!!! We are considering leaving Belle Starr wednesday and heading over to Robbers Cave for the remainder of the week.........anyone else interested?

12. CompuCamper

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

Bummer![:(] You are going to miss a little surprise I have. [;)]

13. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City

Whoo Hoo!! Only one more day of work to get through!! Went and loaded some groceries in the camper tonight..as well as the famed Margarita Machine!!
    We'll be heading out early Friday AM.
    Steve, I sure wish we could go to Robbers Cave with you. I've heard lots of good things about that park and want to check it out sometime...but will have to ba another time.

14. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Well the day has finally arrived. It's 9 o'clock in the morning and we're hitched up and ready to roll. Waiting for Laura to return from taking DD to school and then we are on the road.

To all who are coming......BE SAFE in your travels. To all who are not .........Oh well!!!! Just kidding, I wish every member on this forum could attend our rally or any rally for that fact!!! We can't wait to see everyone and enjoy the great companionship, food and fun.

We will see everyone in a few hours............WOOOOOOHOOOOOO lets go camping!!!!!!!

15. Hanvee3

Hanvee3 New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Good luck to all of you. Enjoy the rally!

16. jpetrey

jpetrey New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Have a great rally...we are jealous!

17. tlgenterprises

tlgenterprises New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Enjoy the rally!

18. CompuCamper

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    I may it home fine. It was great week and food. Will post pic later.

19. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Home safe, fairly rested and no incidents like un-scheduled pop-up deployments lol. So much fun and food with the best people ever. Pics soon to follow.

20. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Home safe; good times (Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally)

Kudos to all who came to the rally at Belle Starr, Lake Eufaula OK. Old friends, new friends all having a good time with good fellowship, good food (WAYYY GOOD FOOD... thanks to all the D.O. masters!) and good fun. The big rains gave us a break this year and we got only a few sprinkles. Thanks to all and especially to Steve and Laura for once again going above and beyond the call of duty and planning and providing for the Easter egg trade-your-item game (Dirty Easter Bunny??). Thanks to all the new people who made the pull... hoping you had as good a time as we did meeting ya'll!

[​IMG]

Link to Rally pics at Webshots:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582613764tFIMyi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.