The Day Has Arrived!!! (Oklahoma's 2012 Spring Rally)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Beerlifter, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNoStars

CNoStars New Member

Sep 16, 2011
    We made it home safe and sound. Excellent job to BeerLifter and his Lady for organizing the rally. It was great fun and a pleasure to meet fellow campers. Will definately be up for future outings!

2. jpetrey

jpetrey New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Thanks for posting the pics and we are glad the rally worked out so well...Would love to see more pics of peoples rigs at their campsites..

[:D]

3. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma
    Aw thanks Steve your a sweetheart, I bet ya missed us! [;)] We have been having a power steering leak on the Hummer so wasn't about to attempt towing that monster RV with it having problems being our only means of transpo at the moment. Looks like ya'all had good time!

Tony what a nice surprise!! Love your A frame camper! Oh the tours your going to be giving! Very nice. Congratulations!

4. moneeleann

moneeleann New Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Looks liks you guys had a fabulous time! Wish I had been there, but just wasn't ready to get out.

However, my first trip of the year is planned for the weekend of April 28th. Specifically the 26th through the 1st, at Wes Watkins. Not my favorite place to be, but close, as I'll have older kids commuting back and forth to school. Not to mention, it will just be me, the baby, and the 3 year old hitching up and towing it in. My parents are meeting us there to help set up.

Our new addition, Derek Xain, made his appearance on March 19th.

We'll be celebrating my 6 year old's birthday while there, on Friday night. Come on out and see us and my family (and get to hold a new baby!)...

5. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Well, we made it home safe and sound. We, of course, had to hold out until it rained or it wouldn't have been classified as a camping trip to us!!!

Thanks to all who attended:

ScouterWife: Thank you and your DH for coming out and spending another wonderful weekend putting up with me and the DW!! Hope you enjoy the quilt! Can't wait to hook up with you all again.

Tekboy46: Once again another fun filled weekend with you guys. We most definetely need to hook up more often. Keep the Coleman tacky lites burning!!!

CompuCamper: Nice surprise with the new A-frame!!! Enjoyed our talks about the new campers. Keep the candles burning....lol!!!

CNoStars: What a pleasure it was to finally meet you and your girlfriend and to put a face to a 'name'. You guys are always welcome in my campsite!!!! Wish we could have spent more time with you and your GF.......we definetely could have put away a few suds!!! We really hope that you will become regulars at the Okie rallies as I'm sure everyone enjoyed your company. Hope you enjoy your 'games' and don't spend too much time in your camper playing them!

OleGuy: You two are possibly the sweetest couple I have ever met!!! Your company made my weekend. And your pet, don't even get me started!! What an absulutely fabulous dog!! I'm sorry we weren't there to say goodbye but the wife and I took off and went to Honey Springs Battlefield and you two were gone when we got back. We really hope to see you two at some of the future rallies as you company will be sorely missed if you don't. Hope your new 'dinnerware' matches your camper scheme.

The DW and I had a marvelous time with everyone and look forward to doing it again soon. I will work on getting our pictures up just as soon as I finish here.

I hope everyone had a good time and we can't wait to see everyone again in a few weeks!!!!

Thanks again,
    Steve (aka Beerlifter)

6. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
  7. Bonniy

Bonniy arizona bred and born

Nov 12, 2006
    sounds like you guys had a fantastic and fun Rally [:D]

8. jpetrey

jpetrey New Member

Jun 29, 2011
  9. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Good times, Steve and Laura, and as always, the Rally was over all too soon, again. Enjoyed your pictures, and the Honey Springs and Texas Road pictures are great. I'm glad you guys made it over there.

10. Beerlifter

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    We almost didn't. We drove over Monday and found out that it was closed on Sunday and Monday. We drove back Tuesday and the gate was still locked at 11. We both were a little upset because of that so we decided we would drive over to the dam and do some eagle watching (after reading there were some baldies sited below the damn). On our way out from the battlefield gate a white Oklahoma Historical Society truck was coming down the road so we stopped him and asked if he was unlocking the gate. He said he would and that he would have it open till around 1 and we could go on in. Apparently the person that normally runs the battlefield had been in a car accident and the person in the truck had driven from Fort Townsend to attend a meeting there for the new building they are about to break ground on.

We were a little pressed for time to make all 4 trails that are beyond the gate but we pulled it off. Just as we stopped at the office on our way out the gentleman pulled up at the same time. We chatted for awhile and he told us that he thought he might have to come find us as he had gotten stuck somewhere around trail 1 and had to walk to a farm house to get help and pulled out.

It's really funny how you imagination can really get to working when you walk thru these sites. We truly enjoyed and have put Battlefields on our list to look for on our future camping trips.

11. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    I have put this off too long. Here are my pictures of the Rally. Also it shows my new popup. It worked out great, I was very comfortable in it. I pick it up the Thrusday before the campout. I just got it loaded up that Friday morning and left for the camp ground. Its a 2011 Rockwood Hard Side A126. I have been getting some things for the new popup and adjusting where to store things.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.