Thinking about a summer rally...

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Indy, Jan 19, 2015.

Top 3 parks you'd like to see in the running for a summer rally:

1. Palmetto State Park (Gonzales)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Buescher State Park (there's a swimming pool at Bastrop next door, but Buescher doesn't have the fir

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Inks Lake State Park (Burnet)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. McKinney Falls State Park (Austin)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Mustang Island (Corpus Christi)

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Garner State Park (Concan - great park but pretty far West)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Wolf Creek Park

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Personally I'd rather go back north or northwest than south or southeast of SA.

2. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I don't blame you Bart [emoji4]. You guys live in a awesome area to be campers. So much North of you to explore but still in the middle. I feel a little limited down here but there are some great spots.

My phone did this using Tapatalk

3. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'd love to go to the coast at some point, but I'm not driving that far over a 3 or 4 day weekend. The original reason for choosing a campground in the middle of the triangle, ryan, was to prevent someone from driving 45 minutes, and someone else from driving 5 hours all to get to the same rally, considering those from the first puppers rally were all located, within reason, close to dallas, SA, or Houston. Hence why we always tried to pick an area central to that triangle. Obviously this has been an ongoing issue for you in trying to attend our rallies, so as suggested before, I'd just say to see if you can get a "southern chapter" rally going for all you folks that are further down south. Just as you don't want to drive 5 hours to come up to us, we can't realistically do 5 hours headed down to accommodate yall, and that's speaking of my family specifically, not speaking for anyone else. I'd say at this point, with this continuing to be an issue every time we discuss a new rally, split the group. Yall stay under the Texas Puppers wing as a southern chapter and do your own thing with your own rallies, and obviously if us folks from the north can make it we will, and vice versa. Texas is just way too big of a state to get people from the red river, and those from the coast to all meet up on a regular basis without expectations of this same issue rising time and time again.

4. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Not one to mix the mud up, but I grew up on the coast....and well since I lived in Germany for 10 years, I got accustomed to them hills , trees and varying topological features. I moved to central Texas for work back then, now it has become my home. I am fortunate to be able to drive about 3-4 hrs any direction for new territory. I will go to any rally North, South, East or near West. I am no longer a flat lander.[LOL]

5. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Following for info. Did y'all finalize a date/location yet? Sorry if I missed it somewhere, I'm new to the forum. Interested if it's within 2 hr radius of Houston. Thanks!

6. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    carey3782, no final plans yet. Several Puppers leaning toward WolfCreek Park on Lake Livingston in Mid summer. Tall pines , lots of shade. It is fairly close to you. Look Up Cold Spring , Texas. It is near Cleveland Texas which is above Conroe just off Interstate 45. Some one will post soon. Richard

7. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Great, I'll keep watching for updates! I looked up Wolf Creek and it's doable for us, I've added it to my list of places to camp. ;) We camped at Double Lake in Cold Spring a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing the final plans and hopefully booking our spot!

Carey & Gabe + 3 kiddos & 2 dogs
    Nights Camped- '13 {4}; '14 {6}; '15 {10 scheduled so far}

8. russjbeck

russjbeck New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I'd like to attend these rallies, but I never can. We are in North Texas and don't mind driving where ever. I love South Texas river country.
    Thing is....anyone around here under age 45 with small kids that are homeschooled, or not in school, that is free Tuesday through Thursday? I like working weekends because when I camp in the week the parks are empty, but it would be nice to have somebody to camp with from time to time. Seems everyone in our bracket of life is working in the week and/or have kids in school.

9. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    When you get this portal rally together it would be 29 for 2015 beating 28 for 2014!

10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Choco, it IS going to happen, somewhere ,some how this summer in Texas will take place [:D].....Now who wants to be Wagonmaster? Not me , to busy packing for next rally [LOL]....Txbum

11. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    well, there is always other positions that need someone like....co-Wagonmaster/Mistress or Asst. WM???

12. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Mistress??? What kind of rallies do you have choco!? [LOL]

13. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    [emoji23][emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Carey & Gabe + 3 kiddos & 2 dogs
    Nights Camped- '13 {4}; '14 {6}; '15 {10 scheduled so far}

14. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Brittany and I are up for the rally. Don't think we are teaching summer school so sign us up!

2013 sportsmen classic tt
    2008 GMC Sierra

15. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    Well...you know the saying "circle the wagons" was to keep prying eyes out! [:D]
    and there are some other sayings as welll..

but those days are past...if I recall correctly.

16. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    What about June back at Lake Limestone? July is getting pretty warm....We'll have a jet ski or boat or both if I get off my butt and put our boat back together.

17. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'm down for lake limestone in june

18. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I'm in....which place?

Phoodieman

19. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Sounds do-able....Richard.....but have June 6 thru 13 already booked elsewhere....maybe we can we can make this one too.

20. sallugo

sallugo Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Fort Worth TX
    I love Lowe's!! Especially since I work there too. Work in the DFW area as a Field Service Manager [emoji2]

2014 Flagstaff Mac 228D
    2004 Ford Expedition 5.4L 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.