Tire replacement recommendation?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by ForTheLoveOfNature, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    good choice, I just put the same on my pup. they do have a 81mph rating too. while the tires are off make sure the bearings and brakes are good.

ForTheLoveOfNature likes this.
  2. ForTheLoveOfNature

ForTheLoveOfNature New Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Thank you. I'm hoping to get to the bearings Monday. Need to get a jack stand before then, open it up and see what size cotter pin and seal I need. It will be my first bearing job, but I've been watching lots of videos and am looking forward to it!

MNfamilycamper likes this.
  3. MNfamilycamper

MNfamilycamper Member

May 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    I am a mechanic by trade, the bearing are something you should be able to easily do after watching a couple of instructional videos, if not I can help!

4. Whiteycracker

Whiteycracker Member

May 22, 2016
    South Chicagoland
    Just because D rated tires "TECHNICALLY" have a more load rating....DOESN'T mean you can load MORE on the camper...Campers have ratings no matter what the tire load says...unless your way under weight, or the tires your replacing were supposed to be D rated. Unless I am missing something here.

Jeep Guy and terry1419 like this.
  5. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    I think I have 12" Carlisle tires on my camper. I just got new tires on my truck. I don't know what the weight of my camper will be when loaded or the tongue weight, but I'll have to find a weigh station and find out. But what I do know is this, I don't have to worry about either tires going 81mph. If I make it to 60mph pulling a trailer, I'll be doing good and then I use the cruise control on the interstate.

6. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    I just meant it gives a larger margin of error. This particular pup doesnt have alot of carrying capacity and I could see it being overloaded if not careful. The Cs have a little more margin for that and the Ds even more so. For example our travel trailer has C rated tires that just barely cover the GVWR. When they need replacement Im moving up to a D rated to get some capacity over the stock size as a precaution.

Whiteycracker likes this.
  7. Whiteycracker

Whiteycracker Member

May 22, 2016
    South Chicagoland
    I get ya!!