Title woes!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Sjm9911, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Here is what I have to do now, lol. Talk about pain in the ass. 20180712_111645.jpg 20180712_111649.jpg

2. Wooodyii2

Wooodyii2 New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Ahh the good ol government. They always know whats best for you. LOL

Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Absolutely outrageous considering you have a signed title and bill of sale! Since the title had a lean on it, I would think all you would need to do is prove the lean company is no longer in business. Actually, this falls on the PO for not getting a clean title before he sold it to you. I would have only purchased had he done so. Since it's too late for that now, I wish you best of luck. Hope it ends up being less hassle than it sounds.

Like @nineoaks2004 , I'm glad to live in Florida. In the county where I live, they are super easy to deal with. Since we are so close to GA, where some trailers don't have titles, they will issue a title with a bill of sale, if you bought out of GA. Five minutes in and out.

Night and day difference from when I lived in MD, where a trip to the MVA would require being there to line up before the crack of dawn and carrying a cooler with lunch ... and still leaving at the end of the day empty handed.

jmkay1 and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Ok so I sent in the form from the DMV, it was stamped rejected for using an old form. Lol they sent that form to me!
    Anyway, the old owner found the registration, a few years old, hope this will satate them.