To much of a good thing

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Mo8414, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Mo8414

Mo8414 New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    They say you can never have to much of a good thing but i was reminded yesturday as i took the new to me campers drum off that, that expression may be flawed.

Someone put the caps on that have a zert fitting for a grease gun and obviously went to town on it because there was grease packed into the drum and all over the pads and everything.

That may be somthing you wanna keep and eye on if you have these type of caps. Its a good thing i dont have a break controller yet because them breaks were not goinf to do anything with all the grease in there haha.

I have a 94 coleman pioneer by the way.

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    That reminds me of a time when I was working as an auto mechanic. Had a customer come into the shop. Said his brakes had started squeaking a couple of months prior, and he had been spraying WD-40 through the wheels to stop it, but now the WD-40 wasn't working anymore........

Mo8414 likes this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    This is why we do not suggest bearing buddies......

Mo8414, jumpoff and Rusty2192 like this.
  4. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    We had trouble getting pregnant. Too much of a good thing is very real...

NMroamer likes this.
  5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I wouldn't use Bearing Buddies on a trailer with brakes, but do on brakeless ones....One of my trailers is a 1976. I last hand packed the bearings in 1993. I just give it a shot of grease every now and then and roll on.

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Over greasing with brakes is not a good idea. My TT has the zert fittings, and brakes, the manual states do not over do it and when putting grease in just a little goes a long long way.
    The pads can be cleaned sometimes but at the very least is to replace the rear seals.