took the meathead camping

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by mickeytopher, Sep 13, 2017 at 7:51 AM.

1. mickeytopher

mickeytopher Member

May 20, 2013
    So we decided that we needed to get away for a little bit at least once this year. Earlier this spring we adopted a one and a half year old Boxer/Mastiff mix we set up the pop up in the backyard for awhile and he loved hanging out with us in the camper.
    So the first night we got there pretty late, get set up and settled in. We are getting ready for bed and i leave to go to the bathroom. I don't think I made it to the end of our camping site when the dog finds an opening underneath the bed and busts out. Our dog was found at a very young age, and we don't think he was socialized very well so every time I would take him for a walk around the campground he would see other dogs and want to play, and when he didn't get his way he would start throwing a huge temper tantrum. The weekend went great, perfect weather, low 70s in the day upper 40s at night, we went down to Kalamazoo to check out the Street Rod Nationals, and did a whole lot of nothing.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Congrats on the successful first trip with the dog. Walking the campground is a favorite for my little side kick and dogs especially after dinner and when people put their lights on. Works better for me after a day of hiking or a good jog during the day. The dogs are less excitable as they are already tired.

3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    We took our dog -- a yellow lab mix named Roscoe -- with us for the first time a earlier this year and he did great. My biggest concern was that every time critter came near during the night he would go crazy, start barking and want to go after it.
    Instead, he was very relaxed the whole weekend. Needless to say there were lots of new smells to be investigated and trees to pee on, but for the most part, he just enjoyed himself taking it easy and watching the world go by.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Glad the first trip with the "meathead":) Dogs seem to relax more when camping, at least our 4 little ones do, it seems they love to camp. Good Luck and Happy Camping

5. mickeytopher

mickeytopher Member

May 20, 2013
    He's still pretty young and it only seems like there is two speeds on this dog, off, and Ludicrous Speed