Transforming our TT......

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by pasobuff, Jul 13, 2017.

1. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    We have started to customize our TT, my husband actually picked out this color - he calls it 'God's Doorstep Green'...aka Florida Green lol.....I have re-covered part of the head board so far, will get a picture of that when I finish the second part of it and reinstall it.....

camper bedroom.jpg

Not sure if we will end up painting the cabinets or not.....

We also painted in the bunks for our daughter - walls are now blue, bottom bunk ceiling is white...and she added glow-in-the-dark stars to the ceilings. Next will be cloud appliques on the walls for her.......

Bathroom is also getting a makeover - no pictures yet.....but it will be a soft green with white.

Kitchen we haven't decided yet - thinking just of going with a basic white due to the colors in the rest of the camper.....and accenting with color on the fabrics etc.

2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Wow cool! Glad to see you can paint the walls. I am casually browsing travel trailers and all the ones in my budget have ugly ugly colors that I would want to change.

What type of paint did you use? How did you prep the walls?

3. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    We just used regular house paint - stuff we had left over from other projects, plus a new can for the bedroom. So far we have done the bedroom, walls in the bunk area, and just finished the bathroom the other day.

We are going to paint the living area too - but are trying to decide if we will attempt to get the wallpaper border off, or just the loose stuff and paint over that......that will be an interior house paint too.

Oh - even using 'better' paint, we had to use 2-3 coats to cover everything well, so make sure you plan for that in your paint amounts!