TX- Dinosaur Valley State Park

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Newbie Camper, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Newbie Camper

Newbie Camper Lovin' Camping

Apr 20, 2009
    This park was excellent. If you can snag a camping spot #13-19, it's even better. We had spot 13 and it was wonderful. Lots of shade, huge area to open the pop up, extra pad for a tent and trails leading from the sight down to the Paluxy River. The facilities were really clean and were never an issue. My kids (all under 5) had a blast! We can't wait to go back. As they get older we're looking forward to hiking some of the many trails they have there. This park has it all and it's gorgeous! We had a great time! [:D]

2. srds

srds Freeport,Texas

Jun 17, 2007
    Texas Gulf Coast
    #14 is a great spot with alot of room for extra company,We had a great time and plan to go back soon.

3. Newbie Camper

Apr 20, 2009
    Ditto! In fact my 5 yr old has a map of the park in her room. I just asked her if she would like to throw it away, because we were cleaning. She replied, "No. I need to keep it so that we can find our way back to the park." Nuff said.

4. Pops64

Pops64 Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Garland, TX
    We've been twice. My 8 yr old loves to play in the river and look for dinasour tracks. Be careful of the heat in mid-summer though. Wow.

Don't forget about Fossil Rim Wildlife Park while you're there. It's one of those drive thru animal parks. The little ones love it.

5. Newbie Camper

Apr 20, 2009
    I looked in to it but was unsure because of the price. Is it worth the admission? I noticed taht if you go on a Wed then it's half off.

6. Pops64

Pops64 Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Garland, TX
    I can't recall the exact prices, but I remember thinking it was pricey and we did go on a Wednesday. But some say I'm cheap. :)

Is it worth it? That's tough to answer. For my family, yes it was. I've got an 8 year old son that loved it. Lots of deer (of every kind), rams, zebras, ostrich, emus, wildabeast, cheetahs, giraffes and rhino. The Rhino and cheetahs are behind a fence, but the rest roam free. You can feed them.

Keep in mind that if you have your window down, they will stick their head in looking for food. The ostrich is a very mean bird. And some people have gotten their vehicles scratched from horns. But we've been twice, with no damage.

7. Newbie Camper

Apr 20, 2009
    Good to know. Thanks. We may wait to do that until they are a bit older. That way all three can really enjoy it.

8. Rideswithchrist

Rideswithchrist Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Buda, TX
    IMG_3563.JPG
    Just camped here for a week and we loved it! We had site #39 and it was big enough for croquet and some badmiton.
    We loved the hikes and the dino tracks. We also went into Glen Rose to visit the Barnhard Mill, Big Rocks Park and the Creation Evidence Museum. Very cool place and we plan on returning.