*Updated with fixes* bed canvas leaks badly!

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Hockeybjj, Aug 7, 2017.

1. mpking

mpking Active Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    X2.

I push my support poles out WITH my shephards pole. I think new supports will solve all of your remaining problems.

JPBar likes this.
  2. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
    Looks like your shepards poles need to be longer.

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I'm gonna get me one of those "heavy fabric sewing things"

Maybe i can rebuild me a Awning bag ... The HIGH SUN UV's has eat mine up and I can't use my good awning any more. Mine is loosing all the treads on both ends and is ripping away from the mounting support rope slide rail... The heavy duty awning material and mounting supports are all in good shape. Just the awning bad is ripping away...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Mt Pleasant, MI
    Do you have a home sewing machine? That repair is very doable with a lightweight home machine - I just did it recently. You'll have to go slow but it will work. If you upgrade to keder awning rope (it's cheap) it's MUCH easier to sew. Just get some good, heavy-duty, UV resistant thread.

Note: I'm completely new to sewing and was able to handle this project easily.

Keder awning rope: http://www.sailrite.com/Keder-Awning-Rope-Tape

Link to my album of my awning rebuild: https://goo.gl/photos/HiWBD78RDe33oKV19

5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Thanks Paul,

I went to WALMART and picked up one of those 10x10 Patio Canopy tents and it works surprisingly well. Have it setup just inches away from the trailer door and anchored to the ground... I may make it about a foot higher so I can slide up against the side of the trailer and allow the access door open under the canopy...

My POPUP trailer has the 5x8 front deck so I have plenty of room to carry something like this in its tote case...

A camper friend of mine from Searcy. ARK got one of those sewing kits and he just goes camping and sits around the camp site sewing away haha...

Also around here are several MARINE places that will build up almost anything for you tent fabric wise and the cost is minimal... Some will do it for some war stories and a few beers haha... You just bring the material...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

6. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    Have you tried removing the bed poles and reversing it so that the Shepards pole is pushing it back into shape instead of bending it out again? Don't know if it will work but may be worth a try.

JPBar likes this.
  7. coleman97

coleman97 Member

Jul 24, 2017
    New England
    We used the speedy stitcher, worked great!

8. George Rose

George Rose Member

Aug 7, 2013

9. George Rose

George Rose Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I always unzip the the end windows and screen when putting the top down. That way I can reach in and grab the bow and pull it in place without putting all the stress on the center point.