Using less rinse water - Shampoo & Conditioner in one?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Orchid, Oct 29, 2018.

1. kudzu

kudzu Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    I just mix my regular shampoo & conditioner together in the palm of my hand rather than buy a 2 in 1. Have used 2 in 1 before & did prefer Pantene then. However, I use only sulfate free now. Seems much better for me. Thus the "make your own 2 in 1" approach.

Orchid likes this.
  2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    CORN ROWS...final answer...pics afterwards please ;) [CAM]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    DJFav, Orchid and Adina*Moo like this.
  3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    Dread locks

DJFav, Orchid and Rik Peery like this.
  4. Adina*Moo

Adina*Moo New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Alberta, Canada
    Have you tried dry shampoo? I like the Batiste brand myself. Works great. I only wash my hair once a week either way though. I have very thick hair and washing it every day would drive me bananas. I only get it wet once a week. Maybe twice if I have something to go to. I would just shampoo and use a leave in on the ends if it came down to it though.

5. Adina*Moo

Adina*Moo New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Alberta, Canada
    The dry shampoo you just spray in your roots, let it sit for a few mins and then rub it in and brush it like normal.

Orchid likes this.
  6. Dogs & Pup

Dogs & Pup New Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Indiana
    I tried one of those “no poo” sets, my hair didn’t ever feel clean, and I had to really rinse it. I would go with a regular shampoo and a leave in conditioner.

Orchid likes this.
  7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

So, I have purchased Head & Shoulders 2 -in- 1 and plan to try it today.

8. DJFav

DJFav Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Anybody have to dye their hair on extended trips? I'll have to twice on our spring 8-week first pup venture. Did I mention first?!

Orchid likes this.
  9. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    If you'll at a place with shower facilities, I would use them for the extra space. Instead of rinsing your hair in a sink, use the shower stall. It's much easier to get everything out and to clean up afterwards.

DJFav likes this.
  10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I have a shower in my camper. I couldn't do my hair in the sink.

Been using Head & Shoulders for 3 days now and quite happy with it. The brush doesn't go through my hair as easy as regular conditioner, but not bad enough to rip a bunch out, either.

Here is the kind I bought. Definitely good for being able to use my own shower! So much more comfortable showering in my own space. 20181106_202354.jpg

11. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    Sorry Orchid, that was in reply to DJFav's post about dying hair. :)

Orchid likes this.
  12. kudzu

kudzu Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    BF uses the Head & Shoulders 2in1, but did not think his experience would be applicable to your situation. He is balding & the hair he has is only 1/8" long. :D

Orchid likes this.