Valley of the Rogue State Park

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by sallyannie75, Jul 11, 2015.

1. sallyannie75

sallyannie75 New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Just returned from a 4 day trip to Valley of the Rogue State Park in Southern Oregon.

[​IMG]

The park sits right in between the Rogue River and the freeway. It was easy to access and surprisingly had little to no highway noise at our site. The hosts were very helpful as were the park rangers. The kids loved the Junior Ranger activities.

The park has Loops A-F, with B/C and D/E being connected. The sites here were closest to the river, but also very close together. The F loop is separated a little from the others. The sites are staggered and further apart. The bathroom was centrally located and had free and clean showers.

Our site was F12. It was spacious and there was a lot of open space behind our site for the kids to play in. It was a little bit dryer than I had hoped, but the drought has affected Oregon, too. There was shade from scattered trees but I did regret not bringing our EZup.

Even though our site was directly on the river, it was just a short walk and the trail/path that runs the length of the park is great for walking, jogging or bikes. The kids enjoyed the river, but it is not really safe for little kids or non swimmers. It is very swift.

We took a day trip to Galice, OR for some rafting. It was a lot of fun. I highly recommend Galice Resort for a family friendly rafting trip. Ask for Marcus. He was our amazing guide!

[​IMG]

2. EK41

EK41 Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Looks like a great place, thanks for the review.