Vermont anyone?

Discussion in 'Vermont' started by IVBENS, Aug 13, 2013.

1. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm looking for a great place in Vermont. We prefer a place with water sites and also a pool. Would like to be not too far from activites for adults and kids. We aren't boondockers so SPs are out I guess. I haven't seen too many listings for VT reviews, can ya help a fellow Pup'r out?

2. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Norwalk CT
    Been many years since wife and I are on a hiatus from camping while we care for my elderly mother with dementia, but we used to love going to Camping on the Battenkill www.campingonthebattenkillvt.com Its a beautiful river the sites were always well maintained as was the entire campground. As I said been about 5 years since we were there but we used to love going there. Lots of small towns around with antique and specialty shops and the scenery can't be beat.

3. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Thank You FB, I'll check that out. Sorry to hear about your hiatus. DW did the same with her dad (Alz).

4. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

Apr 1, 2006
    Tyngsboro, MA
    We enjoyed Lake Champagne near Randolph, it's a little far from activities. You could look at Gold Brook Campground in Stowe, never stayed there but I've heard positives from those who have stayed.

5. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Thank you

6. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Member

Mar 30, 2014
    MA
    I have also been looking for some places in VT. I will check these out!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Phlerb

Phlerb New Member

May 7, 2013
    Kids had alot of fun at Sugar Ridge in Danville on the western side of the state.

8. lurtz

lurtz New Member

May 29, 2014
    Stillwater State Park in Groton VT. Only about 2 1/2 hours from your area. Clean facilities with coin- op showers. Groton Lake is a beautiful small lake, and it is not a very large or overly crowded park. It is also pet friendly. About a half hour off of exit 17 on I-91. I've tented there quite a bit, but we just picked up our first pup.. We reserved our maiden voyage for the end of June. :)

9. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks

10. Fonedude

Fonedude New Member

May 6, 2009
    Bloomfield, NY
    I second Camping on the Battenkill.

11. Segchris

Segchris New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    I would look into Mountain View Campground (https://mountainviewcamping.com/), its near Stowe which offers a some entertainment for all ages and has 2 swimming pools. Beyond the typical complaints for private campgrounds (price and smallish sites) I have always heard good things.

If you want to spend a little less and be near Lake Champlain I would look at button bay SP(http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/buttonbay.htm), its the only SP that has a pool and I believe electric sites.

Last if you want to be near Burlington and still on Lake Champlain I would try North Beach (http://enjoyburlington.com/venue/north-beach-campground). City owned park and has water/electric sites and full hookup sites. No pool but you get a lot of entertainment value from being right in the Burlington area and they have a very nice beach.