Wanted: free or extremely cheap pup

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by Barefoot311, Jul 31, 2015.

1. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, this wonderful little journey has finally come to fruition!! You've seen Jeremy and his pup selfie, but I'd like to show you the whole family, as this effort will benefit them all, especially little Camden, who just turned 3 this week!!

Txbum, Richard, you are truly one of God's angels on Earth. And I mean that. [A] Adrian & family, thank YOU for grabbing the pup and getting it above water (even though we didn't see it coming!). Chris, the shipper, worked his butt off trying to get to NC and was able to pull it off and even got a return load! Good for him!! All of you good portal members, whether you donated to Jeremy's 'Fixer Up Fund', sent good wishes or just thought good thoughts, THANK YOU too. [A]

Having met the family now, I know in my heart this was the right thing to do for the right people. Amazing how things just 'appear' that scream for assistance!

Again, I thank you ALL and God Bless You.

Pam

Attached Files:

2. Barefoot311

Barefoot311 Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I can't say thank you enough to all of you who made this possible. Much love to each and every one of one. Can't wait to post some pics of our first adventure!

3. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    So glad your pup is finally home. Make lots of great memories with your family! Can't wait to see some pics from you maiden voyage! Congrats!

4. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    Thats a really cool looking Starcraft by the way. Hope you enjoy !!!! Congrats on your Capitals too !

5. bbj0227

bbj0227 New Member

Feb 29, 2016
    I just read the trip was successful. I an in Georgia and would have committed to MObile to GA if schedule permitted. Glad to see it has a new home.

6. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    bbj0227, thanks for your kind words and offer to have helped out. The portal has so many members like you that are always ready to help out. Thank you again, Txbum

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    What A Blessing!

Keep On Poppin' In The Free World!
    M&K

8. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Where have I been?! Totally missed the adventure! So cool to read this and completely unsurprised that Txbum is involved as I've personally experienced his grace a couple times. Good form! To all involved.

9. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Congrats! I hope it brings you joy for years to come!

10. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Jul 13, 2011
    What a great looking Starcraft (we used to have an '86) and a great looking family! I am so glad this all worked out for you Barefoot. Thanks to all the people who helped make a dream come true. It kind of renews my faith in human nature. Txbum you rock!!! Barefoot, please post pictures of your first trip. Enjoy.....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

11. fiddlingdoc

fiddlingdoc Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I hope to meet you in person one of these days. I was one of the legs before the shipper stepped in, but it was really nice getting to know some of the other perpetrators of the project also.

Bob

12. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    I didn't want to forget our savior in this...this is Chris, the shipper!! He nearly had to attach floats to his truck AND the Barefoot Pup, but he managed to find a dry road and got the job done. And in Jeremy's honor, he gave me a really nice deal too!!

Y'all, meet Chris!!
    [:D]

Attached Files:

13. Barefoot311

Barefoot311 Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Sorry guys for the delay in pictures. Been a rough couple of weeks. Anyways had a few minutes today to put her up and go through some stuff. Overall in great shape and my son claimed "his bed" within the first minute... The front one of course! Didn't get any pics of the inside because little Houdini disappeared on me... He decided being inside the house was way cooler than being outside in the beating sun. Got him settled and by the time I came back out it started clouding up pretty bad and the winds picked up so down she went. Hopefully will get more out in the next few days

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    That's a great looking pup.....congrats Jeremy. Hope you guys get lots of use out of it soon.

15. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Wow, the things that pop up when the forum changes format.

I read through every word of this thread with tears in my eyes. At the first post, because I understand PTSD and the consequences of life altering accidents all too well (hence my own absence at the time.) Upon continuing reading, because of the amazing generosity Txbum in donating this awesome pup.

Then to see Pam buy new tires and organize the delivery, knowing full well she would become a different kind of angel not long after these events. Then there were all the members who helped deliver and donated to costs. Even a shipping professional that helped.

It honors me deeply to be among so many wonderful, kind, generous, thoughtful people. God Bless each and every one of you.

vagov and Natureangel like this.
  16. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    X2. A great reminder of those who make this forum. A great. Place !!!!!

17. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    The Saga continues....

Wild-Life likes this.
  18. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Darrin..contacted me and said that the project that helped Jeremy Barefoot 311. Will take a new turn or chapter. Stay tuned to this thread Starcrat may be bringing joy to someone else soon. TXBUM