Water is the enemy

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by fullboat1010, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fullboat1010

fullboat1010 New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Had this pop up 1 month now. I knew about the rot in the one corner that I have already cut out and replaced. Today, when under the kitchen sink area, I found a lot more, including rot going up the entire corner. The culprit, I am convinced, is the kitchen drain. When we went on our first trip we noticed a small leak there, and the floor was wet when I was under the sink. I am working on fixing this next. This serves as a reminder to make sure to check every spot for rot before buying. I fixed it all in one day, but it was not fun.

Attached Files:

2. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Yes water is the enemy. However, I would check all the lines besides the drain for leaks.

To me corner floor rot suggests a lot of water over a long time. I'm not sure that camping and using the drain would be enough. Check your roof seals too.

Sjm9911 and kitphantom like this.
  3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I agree with theseus, look for more leaks - that seems like a lot of rot for a sink leak unless it was just left flooded for along time, or repeatedly. Check not only the roof seals, but running and tail lights, roof vents, etc. Water is sneaky, the damage is not always where the leak is.

Sjm9911 and theseus like this.