Waterproof DuraTek?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by RDWRER, Jul 6, 2019.

1. RDWRER

RDWRER Active Member

So my camper appears to have DuraTek waterproof canvas. One of my bunk ends has recently started leaking on the corners where the seams are along the curved pole. I tried waterproofing the seams but it isn’t helping at all. Do I need to re-waterproof the DuraTek or just need a better product for the seams?

2. RDWRER

RDWRER Active Member

Does nobody know the answer to this? Does DuraTek need to be re-waterproofed?

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

If the leak is coming from just the seam, you may want to check the seam to see if there is another issue. IE - is the seam stitching coming out.

4. RDWRER

RDWRER Active Member

The stitching isn’t coming out-everything looks ok. But I bought the pop up in 2014 and haven’t done anything to the seams or “canvas” since I bought it. I thought DuraTek was maintenance free, but maybe not?? I tried to waterproof the seams last fall by “painting” on a seam sealer, but that must not have been good enough.