weatherstripping on half door?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by lkc, Nov 2, 2017.

1. lkc

lkc Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    Hello all--The half door on my pup appears to have a big enough gap that it allow dust/dirt to inside---it doesn't appear to have any water problems anywhere in the floor or in the cabinets closest to the door. I am concerned that this could be a future problem, especially if driving in the rain.

Would I just use some standard weather stripping or foam weatherstripping and glue it around the door?

Thank you

2. lkc

lkc Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    Ok--I'll try posting this question again----upon further inspection the seal around the half door appears to have one side of the weatherstripping inserted into a slot in the door. Does anyone know where I can get this specific kind of door weatherstripping for this popup?

Or have you used just regular foam weatherstripping and glued it on?

Thank you

3. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Did you try a s search one Colemanpopupparts.com?

4. myride

myride Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    I have a couple larger gaps on the top corners of my half door / step when in the closed position and the top down also. I have wondered if in fact there is a seal of some sort missing also.

5. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  6. lkc

lkc Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    thanks! I look at it closer and compare---I don't remember any screws holding it in--it just seemed to be pushed into a slot in the door

7. lkc

lkc Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    ok--the seal I'm looking for is a seal that goes around the inside of the door frame, not the one on the top of the short door. It should form a tight seal between the sndies of the door and the body frame so no water or dirt can get inside the door.

I looked at the seals on the colemanpopupparts.com, but did not see what I was looking for---I'm going to try and call them and hopefully they will be able to help.

Thank you all

8. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I purchased this tiny rubber seal just recently if this is what you are after. It is a rubber bulb seal that goes into a channel all around the inside door frame sides and bottom. They just slide in. They are very tiny 1/4 inch. I think I got it from Forest River INC.

9. lkc

lkc Active Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    Yes! sounds like what I'm looking for---do you happen to have a link to the part # & Where you purchased it?

10. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I will look for the receipt and send you a link as soon as I find it. ;-)

11. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Ok Ikc. Here is what I have.

Item # C01298417,
    Seal, Door, Entrance Lower-black side and Bottom Door Seal - #423623 .

I purchased 12' so I will have some forever. It was $1.49 per foot when I purchased it in October of 2017. Here is the lady I contacted at Forest River INC.
    Carol Benthin
    cbenthin@forestriverinc.com
    Phone 800-239-6157 Fax 574-970-4903
    Viking & Clipper Parts
    580 W Burr Oak St.
    Centreville, MI 49032Forest River INC.

She is a pleasure to deal with. Just link to her email and send her one. This is the picture of what I purchased. (don't mind the dry hands, it's brutal here in the winter)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  12. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

Sep 12, 2017
    massachusetts
  13. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    kcormier19 likes this.
  14. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

Sep 12, 2017
    massachusetts
    let me know if it works out for you.

Earthfairies likes this.
  15. MyName

MyName Active Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Ca
    Hi guys. This might help me out with my issues of a door gap. I'll investigate and Post my findings.