Westlake Campground, Prince George

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by Tattoosleeve, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Tattoosleeve

Tattoosleeve Member

Jun 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

Just got back from an overnight stay at Westlake Campground. it's west of Prince George, about 20 min out of town and 12 km off hwy 16 on Blackwater road. We needed a place close to home to get a feel for our NTU 2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and this place just opened in early June so we thought it would be a good opportunity for us to check it out.

Each site has water and sewer hookups so I was able to test those systems in the trailer. There was no shore power and I quickly discovered that the battery that came with the trailer was pooched. After a quick run out to one of our local RV dealers I was able to purchase a new battery 15 minutes before they closed and rip back to the campground just in time to feed the fam.

We got a site close to the playground, which was awesome for our two kids (3) and (6). We could see the playground from our site and large wheelchair accessible portapottys and the main office were both very close too.

The owners are a very friendly couple with kids of their own grade 4 and 7. Their children played with our kids for the two afternoons we were that and they had a great time.

Sites are gravel with a decent sized grass area between most sites with some of the further sites having a little bit of trees between but not much. Overall it felt a bit more rustic, which I much prefer over the large gravel lots where you are literally packed in like sardines.

Overall it's a nice little site, lacking some of the amenities that some might want/need (shore power, showers: owners said there are plans to add showers and that they actually already have a shower trailer purchased but weren't sure when it would be operational)but if you prefer your camping with a bit more of a out in the woods feel you'd very much enjoy it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

2. Tattoosleeve

Tattoosleeve Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Forgot to mention it's a short 5 min walk to West Lake provincial park that has swimming and boat access as well.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

3. RubiconDriver

RubiconDriver New Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks for the report!

I will be driving through next year. Maybe a good place to stop.