What do you clean and wax your fiberglass exterior wall and roof with?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by JasonKrieg, Sep 13, 2018.

1. JasonKrieg

JasonKrieg New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    I am looking for a cleaner and wax for the exterior fiberglass of our new to us popup. The manual is fairly vague, just says that caring for this trailer is essentially the same as caring for an automotive finish....which leaves it open to a lot of different types of cleaner and wax.

So - what are you using and how do you like it? How do you protect your decals?

2. GrueMaster

GrueMaster Active Member

May 22, 2013
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I just use Dawn in a bucket of water with a soft bristle automotive brush. My goal when washing is to wash off the winter grime and black moss.

3. soft 17

soft 17 Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    San Luis Obispo
    I use Meguires gold car wash and protect with 303 for the roof and Meguires rv wax for the sides.

4. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I usually pick up whatever automotive wash liquid is on sale and if I don't have any of that, will use Dawn Dish Detergent.
    I try to wax once a year (down here that means between late October thru end of February) and for that I'm
    kinda partial to TurtleWax, the liquid stuff. One of the best tools I've purchased was an inexpensive automotive
    "buffer". Makes removing the wax once it's dried a breeze, because there's a lot more to clean on these things
    than you realize, lol.

5. JasonKrieg

JasonKrieg New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Thanks for the advice!