What it's like to attend a rally, from a first-timer

Discussion in 'General Rally Info' started by NH-popper, Oct 3, 2010.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thank you for bumping the thread. I know there are quite a few new, or relatively new, members in the region for the Colorado Rally. I also encourage folks to stop at a Rally if they're visiting in an area and can do so. I managed to attend a Rally in WNY a few years ago, when I was bask there visiting friends and family.

At the Rallies I've attended, the atmosphere is friendly but attendees are not committed to spend all their time with each other. A Rally makes a good excuse to camp, to camp at a new campground or return to a favorite, find some new friends, etc.

2. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    We had a fabulous time at our first rally last summer, 2015 Alabama Summer Rally! We met some really neat folks and hope to see everyone again this year, June 3-5 at Desoto State Park!
    M&K

3. vagov

vagov Active Member

Aug 13, 2012

4. vagov

vagov Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Since the weather is getting warmer everyday here (at least here in the northern states) a lot of people are starting to make plans. So I figured I bump this thread. For a lot of GREAT upcoming rallys

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

5. Haven

Haven Towed this trailer 20K Miles

Aug 4, 2016
    For rallies this year 2016 I have two that I recommend. We Belong to the North American Family Campers Assoc. NAFCA for short. In Sept (22-25) at Spencer fairgrounds in Spencer, Ma ( for $80 w/electric) Guest are Welcome. That's 3 nights (2 nights is $55 ). Also in Sept (15-18) a NAFCA group rents half the beach parking lot at Newport, RI. That will cost you $75 for 3 nights. (2 Nights for $50) Guest are welcome, as that are not filled yet.
    If you're a first timer these two will get you hooked on group camping, and they're for the family. And its OK to have 4 or 5 kids and sleep in a tent. You are Welcome! Want more info send an e-mail.

6. stefie19

stefie19 Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    We're heading to Maine this afternoon for Rally #2 of our season. Being in New England, our rallies tend to be between now and the beginning of October (peak foliage). We have a great time but also take the opportunity to check out the areas that we're camping in. And we've made some great camping friends. :)

7. vagov

vagov Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Bump