What would you sell/buy this for?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Limmer, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Limmer

Limmer Member

Mar 12, 2018
    We are thinking of selling our popup. It is too much work for what we want. It needs a new roof but everything else is sound. It has a fridge, air conditioner and a cassette toilet. We are in Ontario.
    What would you price this at? Do you think there is any market for it?
    2008 Rockwood Premier 1904

2. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Are you hoping to sell this now or wait until Spring because I feel like that would make a pretty
    big difference in Ontario. And there's a market for everything. Absolutely, everything.

3. Limmer

Limmer Member

Mar 12, 2018
    We could wait until spring. It is stored right now.

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    Here in Ontario I'd expect your '08 1904 to sell for ~$4000 Cdn, perhaps a bit more since it has a CP and A/C. With a pooched roof that clearly needs to be replaced you'd be lucky to get half that, the problem being that not a lot of people are interested in doing that much work and would rather pay more for a camper that has no apparent issues.

5. Limmer

Limmer Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Well, I don't blame them as we feel that exact way. I was thinking of listing it at $1500 hoping to get $1000 to put towards our newer one, but i was unsure if the parts were worth that.

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I love Spring in Ontario! Last year it was on a Tuesday. [LOL][:D]

emoney and kcsa75 like this.
  7. GreyFox

GreyFox Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    The problem is the market here in Ontario peaked noticeably just after Labour Day as folks had finally finished using their campers for the season and put them up for sale but it's now pretty well dead so I suspect you've missed the boat and will have to wait until spring to see any interest. You could of course go ahead and place a Kijiji ad but I really doubt you'd see much response. All it takes though is one interested party so there's really nothing to lose as long as you don't get your hopes too high.

8. GreyFox

GreyFox Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
  9. Limmer

Limmer Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I had not. I have the part number from Rockwood. I will look into the ad. Thank you. If we can install a new roof I would happily keep my current popup. When I contacted Rockwood it was close to $3000 with shipping and the exchange.

10. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Sounds just like our Fall or Winter. This year, Fall is scheduled for next Wednesday. Only a one day appearance, however.

11. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    If the roof doesn't fit, I would definitely go ahead and list it if you're asking $1500.00. I think that's
    a good buy for both you and the potential new owner. He/she can save a ton of money on a project
    and you'll get a fair amount to use towards the next one. I understand the "Winter Market" up there,
    but at the same time, for a "project", someone is better to buy it now so they have the time to get
    it ready to use by next Spring. Good luck!

12. GreyFox

GreyFox Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    The reality here in Ontario is that many if not most people who camp, especially families, only do so between our Victoria Day long weekend (referred to as the May 2-4 weekend for obvious reasons ;) ) and Labour Day, after that campers are put away and camping becomes a distant thought until the following May. The used RV market saw a surge just after Labour Day but is now dead and will continue to be dead until signs of spring begin to appear about mid April. Selling one now is indeed an uphill task, especially since rebuilding a roof would require a dry, warm place to work on it, a luxury many folks don't have. Never say never but I'd say the OP is stuck with this camper 'til next season.